War Stories

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
I was playing in a LAN game the other night and all of our team was dead (including me) except for my friend Rick. Anyways, we were doing ghost recon so I'm guiding him to the last enemy. I tell him what room he's in and he gets there and decides to throw a 'nade in the room. He throws the 'nade and it hits the side of the door and bounces back at his feet. He starts to run away and in his panic he pulls the pin on another grenade and drops it. The combined blast was enough to obliterate him and we lost the round. It was completely hilarious and we were all dying from laughter.

I was playing tonight on the 'net and I'm sneaking around with my MP5. I think I hear something behind me and I whip around only to see two enemy soldiers standing about 5 feet from me. I instinctively fire and try to drop to the ground. I hear shotguns go off and my screen turns completely red. When my vision clears up I see I'm still alive and one enemy was dead. I thought I had died and fell to the ground and evedently the other guy did too and I popped him with 9mm to the head. It was sweet.

Does anyone have any cool war stories? Sweet moves or three-stooges-like teamwork? If so, tell on...
:D :enforcer:

Last edited:

Antedeluge

I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.
Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
In our( {PhD} ) match against SOB on Wednesday, we had only one man left, {PhD}Dolt, and all 5 SOB players were still alive. He retreated to the water (the map was Dockside Mill Ed), and he manged to kill all 5 of them as they tried to give him the bum-rush.

Luminuis

Herald of the Newest Dawn
I was playing sicily night with 31 bots (so there were 32 players) and I was inching my way allong the round prone during a firefight, I had my M9 out and I switched to my MP5 as I neared the enemy, then a frag landed right next to me, and I dunno what happened afterwards except that I saw my teamate bots boddy fly through the air and land on the frag, which was only feet from my face, whent he frag went off my bot died, but I was still alive, I then stood up and started shooting into the enemy, I took down 6 of the enemy before I ran out of ammo and dropped back down to the ground to reload.

Needless to say we won that round..

That was awesome.

Faded Soul

Sniper
Apr 30, 2001
New York State
www.backyards.com
Sniperfest 2001

I was playing on some beta1 map on a SOB server, it had a town in the center, some water, and was like in a crater (it had a big hill all around it) Well at anyrate, I had my PSG1 loadout (standard one) and sprinted up onto a hill, crouched and aimed my PSG1 to the opposite side. Neadless to say, the entire enemy team of 6 was on the hill standing and running around.

The funnier thing is, not a one shot at me and I took the entire team out. Although I did not even get a g1, n1, or anything of that sort. :( Oh well, I found it funny to take out the entire team.

SuperDudeMan

Jul 13, 2000
Visit site
I was playing Installation on Red with my usual "Fast SIG loadout". The round is near the end and only one blue player is left. I go into the warehouse from the side top window and my teammate goes in from the loading entrance. he wnders around and while he turned his back to the crates, that very last blue player comes out with a suppressed MP5. I immediately shoot the guy in the side and win the match.

I still do not understand why did the player come out and not shoot my teammate while in the dark...

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
to Gabriel...

What kind of awesome machine do you have? My own is far away from beeing slow (TB@933, 256 PC133 CL2, GTS2_64) but I get 12fps on Sicily_night with 31bots...

Or do you like it the choppy way? ;)

Luminuis

Herald of the Newest Dawn
Andi, I get 5 FPS as long as ALL 31 bots aren't on the screen at once, which, actually, isn't that bad, and wanna know some fun sh<b></b>it? here's my system specs: 300mhzPII, 64mbs RAM, 5 gig HD.

But really, I only run INF and I close ALL other programs down and I do it after a restart and it runs ok, but on maps like (ugh) Vietnam that don't have any walls that you can see nearly all the way across the map...ugh.

Really it's not that bad, INF has lots of high detail models though, so a couple playermodels degrades my performance pretty quick. But I've learned to live with it.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
I see...my system is also tweaked to the max (but all eyecandy maxed and 1024x768...therefor 12 fps)

I was really wondering if some INF freaks already had a nice Kyrotech Athlon 1600c with 1Gig PC2100 and a Geforce3...;)

But the ultimate thing would be: You have two of the systems above... one as dedicated server with 'min.players=32' and the other to play on... :D

Faded Soul

Sniper
Apr 30, 2001
New York State
www.backyards.com
Heheh.. toilet...

Thats funny deathren.

At anyrate my system specs.

CPU/Memory

AuthenticAMD AMD Duron(tm) Processor (650-700)128MB RAM
Available space on drive C: 543MB of 4094MB (FAT32)
Available space on drive D: 275MB of 2039MB (FAT)
Available space on drive E: 545MB of 2047MB (FAT)

Video Card

64 MB Rage Fury Pro 3d accelerator card.

Internet Connection

500kb/sec Cable Modem

At anyrate, I need a few new components. (New Motherboard, and another video card)

Varmint01

Apr 5, 2001
Visit site
I was playing blue on Chasm. I got the "jerk" spawn point, the one right next to the red spawn point where all you have to do is run past the ramp/cave quickly while firing any weapon you want to get a frag or two and end someone's round before it even begins. So I'm a jerk, not much I could do about it..
Anyway, so I blow past the hallway and fire a few shotgun rounds into it, immediately killing the poor guy who was just coming up to see the sunlight. Without stopping, I run up to the machine gun nest/sniper point, and what do you know? There's a prone sniper already set up and ready to start working on my teamates from across the bridge. I snipe him the m16, then immediately turn around and head back into the cave. There's another enemy there, ready to tear a new one for the guy who killed his buddy back in the hallway.. Unfortunately for him, he's facing the wrong way, expecting that I had retreated back to the ramp. 3 kills in about 15 seconds.

To be fair though, I was an lpb and a shottie whore at the time... Sorry to those three guys, but that was a hell of a lot of fun. :)

Rilak

Mar 23, 2001
7 kills !

cant remember the map but i was "in the zone" so to speak and was killing guys left and right. the 32ms ping to the server im sure was really helping also. well anyway i cut down 7 guys you may think wow thats the entire enemy team, errr nope 2 of them were from my team :) sometimes you get all pumped up and just fire away as to not lose the advantage. the two guys didnt seem to mind too much sence we still won the round pretty big.