PDA

View Full Version : Half Life mods

Shrap
12th May 2001, 12:41 AM
I just tryed the mod FireArms for Half life...wow its very good...10 time better then counter strike...I can understand that people don't like Infiltration for being realistic but why do they like counter strike better than firearms ? I played both and Firearms is MUCH better !

Anyway...Inf rulz ! :D

Eyes-Only
12th May 2001, 02:00 AM
Have you ever tried Day of defeat for Half Life....the only two half life MODS I play are CS and DD (counter strike and Day of defeat) If you havent got DD then I suggest at least checking it out

poaw
12th May 2001, 05:34 AM
Man just play every HL mod there is and form your own opinion.

You have Frontline Forces, Action Half Life, Day of Defeat, Counter-Strike, FireArms to choose from (well those are the good ones). There isn't a law on the books that says you can't play them all. (Hell I do, and I still find time to play Infiltration).

deathren
12th May 2001, 03:42 PM
THEY HUNGER!! WOOOOOHOO!!!

Mr. HotDog
12th May 2001, 05:25 PM
I think Counter-Strike is better that Firearms. I dont know why, but it just seems more realistic to me. I've heard good things about Day Of Defeat, but never tried it, so I'm going to download it tonight.

Eyes-Only
12th May 2001, 07:33 PM
In DD the only bad thing is a immature player who camps the spawn points....I think it is really good and will get better with age (like INF when they bring back leaning)

poaw
12th May 2001, 09:41 PM
FireArms isn't trying to be realistic, they are aiming for real life weapons in a unrealistic environment. The weapons are tweaked for gameplay, and so is everything else. your armor is totally ablative and not even a .50 cal BMG round will kill you in one hit. (Well if you get a headshot it will.)
The gameplay is fast and furious because it lacks even a wait period to respawn. You can be back in the action as soon as you click the fire button and choose a class.
The average player can get a kill with half a clip of ammo, a good player can work that down to a third, and the best will take you down with firing five shots.

Funny thing is, with all the differences in gameplay, they share a common whore weapon the M16/M203. :D