friend or foe

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
Well my suggestion for today is:
I think INF needs some kind of a whistle or something like that so player could know who is a team member and who is enemy.
this will also help the TK problem, so people will check before they shot.
Its also realistic and i belive that its used it the army( but i could be wrong).
I think this will be great for playing online.
What do you say team?

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
You're not the first one, who suggests this.

The main trouble about idendification is, how to make it; having some icon over the head of the friendlies is unrealsitic; colored berets and such usually don't work good enough..

Against bots(which is the only way I can play) I have it very simple - I give my team one color(grey usually) and the other team a different(usually white or desert camouflage - to see them better :D ). Perhaps that will work online too..

Snakeye :D

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Just as a warning, this topic is currently being debated in the general forum. You may see some spill over, so don't take it personally.

My take, a soldier uses his eyes to determine if an unknown is friendly. Use your eyes as well. Your monitor acts as your soldiers eyes. If you aren't sure a target is friendly or not, don't fire. Get to a safe observation point until you can be sure.

I know I've followed many people around a map in order to verify them, and half of them turned out to be enemies. If I fired blind, my tk count would be huge.

Excelsiore

Binary Liberation Front
Mar 23, 2001
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Just a note to EVERYBODY who plays Infiltration. Please enable auto-taunts in the sounds menu so you say all the useful things like "Friendly Fire" and "Weapons Dry" and so forth. It would really help if everybody had this part of Inf enabled I think.