CSHP detection question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stillborn

PHEAR IS JUST ANOTHER 4 LETTER WORD...
Oct 14, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Whenever I enter a server with CSHP I receive a "warning" or something down in the left corner of the screen... It says "client detected and verified"... The only mutators and mods I have are Tactical Ops, Excessive and [osx] Background changer... NEVER had an aimbot installed and never will...

What is it CSHP is flagging? Is there any way tro find out?

Athlon_2o0o

Apr 17, 2001
LOL When it says 'client verifed and connected' then you have no cheat and are allowed to join the server.
Though I don't like CSHP, it may protect against older cheats, but on the server where I am playing at (nguk.net) there are a lot of people using cheats while CSHP4r is installed. Why don't they install the new CSHP4t? Because it's a beta?
(it is really verifed, not verified, what a bug lol)

ION_Ace

Assault player
Dec 26, 2000
Behind you
www.clan-ion.com
It's a bit of a joke atm, cos the cheaters are winning, admins ahve 2 choices.

1) Keep to stable version and have cheaters cos they bypassed teh stable version weeks ago.

2) Use beta version and have bugs such as no text at all on screen, lag, random kicks, kicks cos of dodging, kicks cos of having a mac, etc.

desperado

Dec 29, 1999
q
Visit site
Originally posted by Athlon_2o0o
Why don't they install the new CSHP4t? Because it's a beta?
(it is really verifed, not verified, what a bug lol)
Beceause there is already at least 2 different aimbots for CSHPt :)

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
well...

I would quote my article on the subject, but I don't wanna get an inbox of hatemail again... :(

One thing I am curious about is how there always seems to be a CSHP-proof bot out almost as soon as CSHP is released?

The bot makers can't be that good can they?

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Sel, it isn't your fault that:

-CSHP currently sucks goat nards

-you pointed out the problems with it

-SiN and crew couldn't handle it and felt the need to retaliate like schoolchildren on their forum.

None of that is your fault. Goes to show you how immature people can be. None of that was your fault at all. If they want better reviews, they should probably turn out QUALITY CSHP's instead of QUANTITY. More is not better in all cases. CSHP is not perfect and they can't see it that way. To them it is perfect. Of course it would be, they made it, and if I had made it I would be a little insulted people picked at it like that but I'd take it a lot better than he did.

I wouldn't worry what SiN's crew think. After all if they hadn't made the first aimbot to protect against and "leaked" it (oh yeah I believe that) there wouldn't BE this huge problem. It would be just a few people cheating that we would think were skilled. Instead they "leak" the aimbot so they can build this CSHP doohickey and be the saviours of UT. That's how I see it anyway, after all, who built the first aimbot again?

This is my opinion and if I get flamed for it, hey, by all means go for it. But too bad, cause I can express it if I like. You don't have to agree with me, in fact I like a good discussion. I now open the floor for differing opinions.....

/me opens the floodgates

DarkByte

LLama Killer
Nov 19, 2000
Montreal, Qc, Canada
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm not here to flame anyone but just try to explain what i can explain and try to put light on things.

Q) Why was FunBot leaked ?
A) Because i was naive and stupid when it happened. I have explained the whole story when it happened and never hid from that fact. When i created FunBot, the biggest mistake i made was to talk about it. But at that time, i felt that it was possible that others knew how to create aimbots and thought i should tell everyone. But i can't come back in time and fix this mistake. Oh, and i couldnt care less about being a SAVIOR, especially since i'm not being paid for doing CSHP. I'm actually losing money and losing fun play time with my clan and have been regularly in a position where i can't play a ladder match because i 'have' to improve CSHP. (Yes, i do feel guilty that FunBot leaked)

Q) Why does CSHP have so many bugs all the time.
A) Because, as much as we try these versions, there seems to always be something we didnt think about. Or something we discover wasnt working like we expected it should work. We have been more careful but it was not enough so we now do some beta testing with some server admins and get some input before releasing anything now.

Q) Why does it seem like there is always a new bot when CSHP comes out.
A) The NetCheat.Com team of aimbot creators has grown bigger and is more organized than ever. They have good hackers like Vadim in their team. But we slowly close doors and as they find new ones, we try to close them. Can the bot makers be that good ? Yes.

Q) Why isnt CSHP open sourced so that good scripters can help improve it?
A) Multiple reasons. If we make the source open, we give the cheaters hints on how to bypass CSHP. We have not achieved a point where they need to think for a long time before being able to bypass CSHP. Also, making the source open will just make it so its impossible to know which CSHP is the real CSHP. I do not believe that we can make a version of CSHP that is unbeatable but we try to make it so that chances of doing so become very small and that aimbot coders have a hard time finding a new way to bypass CSHP. In fact, i hope it becomes so difficult to bypass it that they despair and lose hope and stop trying. If any scripter believes he has a good way to help us, he is welcome to write to us and we will evaluate his suggestion. If need be, we will even give due credits to that person in our documentation.

Q) Why do you work on CSHP ?
A) I will answer this only for me althought i know some of the reasons i will mention can also be shared by other team members.
- I feel guilty that FunBot leaked.
- I believe in UT as a good fun game and dont want it to die because of cheaters.
- I love fair games. I may not be the best but i'm (i was?) good. And losing is not fun, especially if you lose at the hands of a cheater. If you always lose and don't feel that you can improve, you start not liking the game anymore.
- Because i can make a difference. I have good programming skills and a good logic. Working on CSHP brings the best of me in both of these. I often have to surpass myself to beat the cheaters and when i do beat one of their aimbot, i am happy.

These are the biggest reasons why i work on CSHP.

I do understand that it might be hard to believe but my intentions were pure. I never wanted things to be how they are now. I am open to all comments and try to respect people as much as possible. Losing my respect is very hard, i am too forgiving probably. But hey ... its me.

Regards,
DarkByte

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Well you have to admit, everyone looks at the CSHP team as those who will smite the terrible evil that is known as aimbots. You can't tell me it doesn't feel good to have all these people backing you up but then that is my opinion, better served for discussion later perhaps.

What I don't get is why you gave anyone the Funbot to start with... I mean you could have beaten it on your own. Or with Sin or whatever, you know what I mean. You didn't have to give it to anyone. Incidentally I don't think you actually explained WHY you made it. I don't believe your "leaked" story but that is me. I may be wrong, I may not. I won't know I suppose.

CSHP SHOULD be open-sourced. Sure cheaters would find a way around it easier, BUT.... you would have many more good coders AGAINST the cheaters. Remember, there's a hell of a lot less of them than there are of us. I am sure that yeah, maybe they could get by CSHP easier for a month or so. But if they had 5 coders writing aimbots and we had 25 guys working on CSHP it would be:

-less buggy
-done faster
-done BETTER
-and overall a much better project than before.

You said yourself that you're wasting time and money on this, so add some awesome coders to your cause. I can't code but I know it couldn't hurt. Then when the final CSHP (we hope ;)) comes out, make that one closed-source. Cheaters have no ways left to get in and TADAAA, you win.

You don't have to worry about giving the cheaters hints on how to bypass it, it looks like they are doing a good enough job of that already. Making CSHP open-source can do nothing but good IMO. It would get more people working on it, meaning some rest for you and SiN, and would ultimately get done a lot faster and more efficiently.

Athlon_2o0o

Apr 17, 2001
It is nit os easy as you think nightmare.
The aimbot creaters will keep working to make aimbots work on new CSHP versions.
A 'final' release of CSHP is unthinkable, because aimbots will go on, and if aimbots go on CSHP has to go on against the aimbot. It is a lifetime process.
Hey DarkByte, you are cool, You are doing a great job with CSHP, i hope you'll keep it up against all cheats.
And the new CSHP4t protects against infernomod4, which is a good thing, because when I see a cheater and ask him what he uses then it is almost always inferno mod4.
I hope the cheats will become unusable in the future!!!!!, hmmm....maybe I am too optimistic.....
Oh, and I can immediately ask this question: Look below a the picture. it says 'Client verifed and connected'. Shouldn't it be 'Client verified and connected'???

DarkByte

LLama Killer
Nov 19, 2000
Montreal, Qc, Canada
Visit site
Athlon, you are right, its not the first time i read this and tell myself i should fix it but ... as i'm typing this message i'm going in my source (stopped typing) ... (came back) .. there, it's fixed :)

NightMare, to resume why i leaked FunBot ... i was offered another aimbot to help me fight the cause but it was in exchange of FunBot. Like i said, if i had stayed quiet about it, i would not have had such an offer. I was stupid to believe that because that person offered me another aimbot and supposedly wanted to help get rid of them, that i could trust that person. A big big mistake. Here is something even more stupid just to show you how things went. When FunBot leaked, it had been about 2 to 3 weeks since i had sent it to that person and the only other person i had sent FunBot to was some Epic employee. Believe it or not, i was suspecting that Epic employee to have leaked it. Didnt accuse and could not understand but still, i was suspecting and spoke of my suspicions to some people around me. Now just imaging if that person had lost its job because of me falsely suspecting that person ? I would never had forgiven myself. Once again, if that Epic employee read this forum, i want to apologize for having been so dumb.

Well, you have to the right not to believe and it won't change a thing since i know why i did it, how it leaked, i've shown proofs of my intents in the past. And i would not be in CSHP team if it wasnt for me being honestly fighting against that plague. It took about 4-5 months before DrSin trust me and i wasnt even asking to be in the CSHP Team, i was going my own way with EZTeamsv4. But i am much happier to be in the CSHP team since the resources help for better coding.