system reboot w/online play? :(

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sheki Spelka

May 8, 2001
Visit site
Haven't been able to figure this out. I can play UT offline with no problems, but when i try to join a server it causes my computer to reboot within 30 seconds.
First my specs:
asus a7v133 (lastest bios & 4in1 drivers)
athlon thunderbird 1 Ghz
256 pc133
40gig western digital ata100
Asus GeForce GTS 64 meg (11.?)
soundblaster live gamers-x
linksys ethernet
plextor 12/10/32a
toshiba dvd rom
win tv tuner card

Here are some things I've done that may have caused this (background story :) ):
I noticed that my cpu was running at 60 degrees celcius so i bought some fans for better cooling.I moved my pci cards down a few slots (away from my agp for better circulation)All was detected.
Then i proceeded to try overclocking my cpu.This ended up with my computer not posting.So I removed the cmos battery (which didnt reset it) then I shorted the cmos reset posts (which allowed me to boot up)Bios are now set as default (which usually worked) and there are no conflicts in the device manager.
3dmark 2001 doesn't crash and i get a score of almost 3k , so it doesnt seem to be a video problem.But i can browse and download, so it doesnt seem to be a network problem.So why does it cause my computer to reboot when i try to play online??!?!
I've no clue. Thx for any input

P.S. gonna be more careful next time :)