PDA

View Full Version : C:\Unreal2 or C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Unreal Saga\Unreal II: The Sequel?

WildfireX2000
8th May 2001, 03:48 PM
PLEASE, Epic/whoever!
Stick to C:\Unreal2!

WiLD2
8th May 2001, 04:50 PM
Uh, yeah. Epic, in the past, kept Unreal Tournament seperate from Unreal ie. C:\Unreal C:\UnrealGold and C:\UnrealTournament
Don't expect that Legend Entertainment will suddenly change the format. I think you already know that they'll leave the default install as C:\Unreal2 seeing how it is a stand alone game.

WildfireX2000
8th May 2001, 04:58 PM
Phew! Hate those long directory structers!

ChrisToth.hu
8th May 2001, 05:56 PM
LOL @ that install path...:D

I hate them.

Deathwing
8th May 2001, 11:45 PM
Yeah, it's so the end of the world when you have to backspace a couple words. :rolleyes:

dinwitty
9th May 2001, 09:03 AM
ono, it hast to go under

c:\Program Files\Games\Genre Specific\Action\FPS\BloodRed\NotBrown\Q3ASux\CauseTimSaidSo\D3DLags\DaikatanaOops\Unreal2\

anywhere else would make no sense

NeoNite
9th May 2001, 11:46 AM
What about:

d:\U2

short, easy to remember... perfect.

(why c? i hate c! now d rules! and what bout e? and f? let's not forget about g! BUt g was a butler.)

WiLD2
9th May 2001, 03:10 PM
My Unreal Tournament folder was C:\UT for a while, but I was so used to typing C:\UnrealTournament that I just switched back

***King^Cobra***
9th May 2001, 04:05 PM
I use a second hard drive so mine has always been the D:\UT..................I hate changing the standard C:\UT.

It should just pick up automatically.

NeoNite
9th May 2001, 06:42 PM
i really don't see what's so bad about re-entering a path for your install.. :) some people have to much time on their hands...

c:\kewl\wicked\ownz\roolz\games\fps\favfps\thisfpsownz\newunrealgame\unreal2.

Simply change it to:

c:\unreal2. :D

Hellscrag
9th May 2001, 06:52 PM
c:\games\unreal2
c:\games\unreal
c:\games\napali
c:\games\unrealtournament

I hate stuff cluttering up my root but c:\program files\ is too long. And in DOS c:\progra~1\ yuckkky

NeoNite
10th May 2001, 12:59 PM
yeah, what's with installing your game in program files? :D c:\unreal.. quite simple. and easy..
program files;..hellscrag i agree.. yucky!

Slick_Willy
10th May 2001, 02:44 PM
Doesn't matter to me, I just install all my games on my D: drive which is for games only. Everything goes on the root of D:

Zaccix
14th May 2001, 03:53 AM
Legend take note. When topics like this spring up, you know there's not much to talk about ;)

dinwitty
14th May 2001, 03:07 PM
My C: drive is partitioned to 2 gigs and ONLY main reinstallable proggies go there.
All games are on my 2nd partition or 2nd drive. I can reinstall winblowz if needed and not bother
the installed stuff, espcecially Dled filed that will get wiped away on a format.
I have a burner so I try to back up as much as possible.
If you have to do that, you will need to install UT to get the
UMODs file reference back or it balks "cant find Unreal Tournament, you must have version blah blah installed"
They should ALWAYS keep the possibility of installing the game ANYWHERE.
All the above variations WILL work, even if funny :D
-dang registry-

edhe
15th May 2001, 07:29 AM
how sad.

what a sad little thread.

Xnife
15th May 2001, 07:25 PM
Why does it even matter? I just have a shortcut for UT on my desktop. I'll likely do the same for U2.

Is this the most important thing on you minds regarding Unreal2? Geez...

WildfireX2000
15th May 2001, 08:26 PM
Yes. Yes it is.