How big is your ut folder?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
EHm, i can't help asking this insane question..
:) well?

mine is ehm for the moment around 1.8 gigs.
- 231 taken screenshots in 5 days: 1.53 gig :)
Now back to 1.63 gig.

Lucky for me i have a 20 and a 10 gig drive.. whew..
:)

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
Mine's only 771MB, but I recently reinstalled UT. If it gets any bigger, I may be in trouble. I only have a 13GB and an 80GB HD.... oh ;)

bobafettjm

Feb 4, 2001
AK
Visit site
my folder size

Mine is about 2 gigs now. I don't think I will get to six gigs, although at the rate I am going it might just happen. Also after I take about 20 Screen Shots I just convert them to Jpeg and rename them and move them to my pictures folder :)

ION_Ace

Assault player
Dec 26, 2000
Behind you
www.clan-ion.com
let me see, ut folder normally : 600 megs or so + 255 screenshots @ 1 meg = 855 megs ?

so where do u get gigabytes ? u have like every mod installed or something ?

edit : doh screenshots epend on ur resolution I think so they could easy be 2 and half megs each

aruzinsky

Skilled
Jan 31, 2001
Visit site
About 3 G, but not all in the UT folder. I moved the Maps folder to another hard drive. You can change the directory path in the UnrealTournament.ini file. It is easy to download and play 5 new maps every day.

Gamma_Sword

Terrible, Terrible Damage!
Feb 12, 2001
Not There
Used to have almost 2 gig, but I had to reinstall UT after it got messed up.

Now I have 1.16 gig in all, that's with only TWO custom MODs (MultiCTF and JailBreak!, not including RocketArena that came with UT)

My hard disk is in need of some serious breathing room now... only 10 gig with now 4 gig left :(

It's about time I got one of them 80 gig hard disk!

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
was 3.6 gig... i can't see the bottom of my mod list without upping my resolution. waaay too many maps too.... and this is on a 13 gig hard drive shared with three other people. they're mildly annoyed. tehy don't understand how wonderful UT is. ad, oi don't understand why i don't delete all my crappy maps and mods that i don't play.

Psychic_313

non-deterministic
And I thought my 2GB UT folder was just from mod writing.
Still, not bad considering it's in a 4GB partition of a 13GB hard disk (excessive partitioning due to trying Linux, then deleting it in favour of more MP3s and games :) ), and I don't have that many skins or mods installed (just the major mods like TacOps, Inf., ChaosUT, U4E, and a stack of models)
My new 41GB drive is in the post though...

AriTheDog - look out for a mod called EnhancedUT by UsAaR33 which should be out soon. I helped with it, and one of the features I added was a scrollbar on the mod menu. I think you could benefit from this :)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
The 2 gig pain

Meaning the 2 gig hd pain :) i used to feel it .. 2 years in a row.. 2 gigs what a friggin' limit..
I remember installing half life on it.. i looked at the box it said 360 mb or so.. i said WHAT???? :) i couldn't install any new maps or mods or whatever.. but i enjoyed the game in software mode.. it wasn't that bad..
I also got quake2 and quake installed.. heh..
In sept 99 the ut demo, 53 mb dl, big install... :)

Finally, last year more freedom;: bought my own rig finally had the cash.. a 10 gig hd. BIg enough to carry a couple of big games (such as qIII, UT etc.. huge installs)
BUT it was partitioned in a 6.5 and a 3.5 drive :( damn..
Then i bought a 20 gig drive :) whew! THat felt great! A big relief! Finally enough room on the hdd to install the games AND many maps, mods etc..
Finally being able to expand UT !!
But i'm on 56k here, i have to be picky when it comes to choosing maps.. alas. ALready over 250 maps though (including the ra arenas, 1941 mod, sin2UTmaps etc)
110 dm maps, 25 ctf maps.. 15 assault maps, 15 domination maps etc...
BUt every day or every 2 days, new maps are arriving :)
dl a couple of good maps yesterday.

Found this big level: hall of legends (there are some player statues in the level) Great level!

IF i was on a dsl connection or cable, i'd probably dl a couple of hundred maps a day .. i would. BUt.. 56k limits. sigh.

255 screenies :D yep i almost did it.. good thing someone told me about the limit, i wasn't aware.
Ut folder is currently 1.72 gigs big. I can't help it. I have this need to expand the ut folder until she blows!
No seriously, UT is a fantastic game. ANd nalicity offers many custom maps.

80 gig? you better have the money...

At this rate, i'll probably end up at 2 gigs and more at the end of the week..heh.