If I were to hypothectically have a dodge bind hack:

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
Yes, send it to them. Although it's not very hypothetical, there are hacks out there for it.

And Dr. Sin has probably already seen it and it's on CSHP's "to do" list.

ION_Ace

Assault player
Dec 26, 2000
Behind you
www.clan-ion.com
What do u mean by hack ?
So that u can bind dodge to a key or that u can dodge more often (like continously dodging). Cos if it's an external piece of software that allows u to bind double tap, I doubt he would consider it a cheat.

Ve7

Rest In Peace
Dec 2, 2000
Thanks you, but I was also after the actual email address.

ION, I mean binding dodge to a keyboard key.

Kam, if it's already out there as you say than I'm sure Dr Sin is on top of it so it's cool.

Ve7

Rest In Peace
Dec 2, 2000
Ok, I just thought it had been a bind everyone was after for a long time. I didn't realise it was common knowledge. I checked Cleaneer's FAQ before I posted but there it still said dodge could not be bound.
Sorry.

rhakka

a.k.a. Zeus, ruler o' the universe
May 6, 2000
portland,ME,USA
www.teamplay.net
uh, binding a key to single press dodge is only possible with a hack and it is indeed a cheat... I have no idea where you are getting the idea it isn't... many a flame filled thread targets specifically that "bind".

Socio

Apr 22, 2001
Visit site
I don't know how its hacked either But:

I have seen it in action, I guess its like a autofire only its autododging, you can run jump strafe shoot and never stop dodging and tumbling. makes for a hard kill thats for sure.

HR_DrBasta

[ dentist-like ]
Feb 7, 2001
Croatia
www.hrsquad.net
Bleb!? Dodge hack is lame and is cheating :(

Good player doesnt need that stuff because a good player knows how to dodge good and to dodge in the right moment, isnt it? :D :D

P.S. Sorry for my bad english...

Rev.Whoopass

Sperm Bot
Aug 5, 2000
Connecticut
Visit site
Interesting....but we have seen this thread before on every board.

Is it a cheat...yes
Is it a hack....sort of
Will CSHP catch it .......it can't

It is very easy to mod your user.ini file to dodge with 1 keystroke.CSHP will not detect anything in your user.ini file that is not alreaedy part of the game.

The way to make the dodge is just a "alias",and all of the commands are already in the .ini,all ya hafta do is be leet enough to know which ones go together.

I did it about 6 months ago to try it out,but since i have been strafing left/right in fps shooters since Quake,when i played Lavagiant.........i was dodging off the cliffs everytime.
I never used it since.It is way to difficult to "not" dodge when using it.

ION_Ace

Assault player
Dec 26, 2000
Behind you
www.clan-ion.com
It is very easy to mod your user.ini file to dodge with 1 keystroke.CSHP will not detect anything in your user.ini file that is not alreaedy part of the game.
Huh ? u don't mean strafeleft onrelease strafeleft or something like that do you ?

Afaik there was never a timer command in ut, so unless u used some external software it wasn't possible. I don't know if u could hack an exsisting epic package to allow u to use timer or not.

Also afaik there is a BIG difference between

a) a bind that let's u dodge at the press of a key instead of tapping twice

and

b) an actual hack that let's u dodge without any pause inbetween (ie constantly dodgeing flippping which allows you to move a lot faster then any1 even using tele)

Gladiator

The Last Honorable Warrior
Jan 23, 2001
Midland, MI
Visit site
If it were truly patched out then what is to stop us from playing the Original Version of UT, since all network code is compatible? I could simply bind my keys to autodogde.