Note No 2 for newbys:-The EAX patch makes UT jerky.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
If you have a Live sound card then you can download the EAX patch files for UT which add special sound effects to UT (echos and differnt sounds depending on what the room that you are in is made of). Now firstly these things are very good and add atmosphear to the game BUT they also add weight to the UT processes and on certain maps (zeto for some reason) UT gets a little jerks as a result of the extra sound effects.
I leave it up to you wether you wish to sacrifice a little performance for sound quality but you have been warned...

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
Sometimes its nice when the info is easily acsesable for people BEFORE the go and ruin there setups, well that and Im a little bored....:)

Insecta

Insectacidal
Jun 9, 2000
Switzerland
Yeah, that EAX patch ruined my life... (fumbles for paper bag wrapped bottle of beer)... thank god my computer had to be reset. Gave me a whole new outlook on life...

steveyboy

Chicken-tastic
Feb 15, 2000
England
Visit site
Well, to be fair, you aren't going to get those nice 3D sounds that the EAX enhacer provides without any effort whatsoever from the computer itself. And also it's not just the enhanced EAX sounds that slow it down, it's also when you turn on the hardware 3D sound in the audio options (that the EAX patch requires to run) that also slows down UT. It's not simply just the EAX at fault.