UT online problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

decco

May 4, 2001
norway
www.buyitda.no
Hey ppz..

i have this strange problem when i play UT online, after around 20-30 mins play, it pings out.. connection is there but i can't ping or trace anything. I have tryed different ISP's no luck.. i have turned off ICS in windows but no help either..

It's a very annoying problem, since i like to play online, and just keep falling out while in a game.

My comp stat's:
P3 667
320 mb ram PC133mhz
Riva TNT2 pro gfx card.
Win2k (now without sp1, since it didn't help any)
Dx8 for win2k

UT with 436 patch.. (could be the issue.i'm not sure)
inox pack and bonus pack

running on dial-up ISDN .. tryed both 64 and 128 connections.. no help either..

anyone here have some clue or tips.. i'll be glad... (tryed to use the ipconfig /flushdns too.. didn't work..

Decco

Peregrine

Death from above
Jan 16, 2001
Lake Erie Shoreline
www.gaihope.net
Wow that is strange. Especially because it happens to you on different ISP's!!! Freaky.
Well, you've tried different Operating systems, different ISP's, hmmmmm
How about...
A) Try running it in SOFTWARE RENDERing mode.
B) Do you happen to have another modem lying around???

decco

May 4, 2001
norway
www.buyitda.no
i'll try running in software later on today...

i don't have anymore isdn cards laying around.. but i'll try to borrow one and check it out..

i will also try the 2 links i got from the sweede dude.. i'll check back on later with some more updated stuff ..

thnx for help so far..

Decco

decco

May 4, 2001
norway
www.buyitda.no
Well..

i have tried some solutions now, and for the dialup connection i tried a Cisco 760 router and that worked very well.. even with single line.

but how come that i can surf with the isdn card, download stuff, irc, icq and all other usual stuff without the same problem..

the problem only occur when i play UT..

Decco
"Don't bring a knife to a gun fight"