PDA

View Full Version : PuF 4v4 CTF Tournament Signup Here

Morety
3rd May 2001, 06:01 PM
Sign up for the PuF 4v4 CTF Tournament now! The rules have been written below. This is to be a fun tournament and is an open signup. First come first served :)

Here (http://theweb.dns2go.com/puf/) is where you sign up.

Tourney Rules:

Sign ups: You sign up by giving us your name, e-mail address, and a password so you can manage your account. The e-mail must be validated because that's how you all will communicate with each other. At the end of the tournament all teams are cleared of it's members and to be reassigned to a team, you must return and verify that you want to play again. We are accepting 40 sign ups, any sign ups after that will be on the waiting list and when the next tourney comes around they will be sent an e-mail (along with everyone else who has just played) stating it's time to sign up again.

Teams: Each team has 5 members. One person will be assigned as captain and that captain will be responsible for organizing each game with its own team, opposing team, and the server. Games will be 4v4 so it is up to the team to decide who will sit out each game. We encourage you to rotate the alternate so everyone gets as many chances to play as possible. Since matches are decided on "Best of 3" it is perfectly OK to make lineup changes after a game, or even during a game.

Server: Each match must be scheduled with a time on The Web (unreal://theweb.dns2go.com), this is to guarantee that a time and place is available for each match. If you end up playing on another server, that's OK, but this way matches cannot be postponed due to the unavailability of a server.

Matches: Each match will be a best of 3. Each team chooses one map and the tiebreaker map will be CTF-Orbital.

Broadcast: Each match played on The Web will be broadcast via IRC to #theweb on irc.enterthegame.com

Game Settings:

20 min
no cap limit
x-loc on
4 vs 4
2 specs

DeeperShade
3rd May 2001, 08:52 PM
NOOOOOO!!! IM UP AGAINST HAMMER!! NOOOOO!!!

Why does bad sh|t always happen to me... first those damned nuns and now this.. :hmm:

Morety
3rd May 2001, 08:53 PM
I got Dark Reaper on my team :D

HHk r0x

DeeperShade
3rd May 2001, 08:55 PM
You got DR?? Hmm.. guess things could be worse for me.. he could somehow switch to my team :D

j/k dr ;)

OshadowO
3rd May 2001, 09:38 PM
We are the Chang Kuo-lao. You shall be assimilated.
The folowing are your options:
Cultural Assimilation
Structural Assimialation
Psycological Assimilation
Choose wisely for...
You shall be assimilated.

Morety
3rd May 2001, 09:47 PM
The following clan tags are the eight immortals from Chinese mythology. It's probably a bit different from p00p, Carls etc etc you all were expecting, isn't it? :D

kuai

Li T'ieh-kuai
LI Tie Guai
K
"Iron-crutch Li", who always carries a crutch and a gourd; he is the emblem of the sick.

Chung

Ch'uan Chung-li
ZHONG Li Quan
vA~
Usually shown with a fan; he represents the military man

LanHo

Lan Ts'ai-ho
LAN Cai He
ŪM
The strolling singer, either a woman or a young boy, shown with a flower-basket; patron deity of florist.

Chang

Chang Kuo-lao
ZHANG Guo-Lao
iG
Said to have lived in the 7-th or early 8-th century, shown as a rule with his mule, and carrying a bamboo tube-drum with iron sticks; he is the emblem of old men.

HoKu

Ho Hsien-ku
HE Xian Gu
Ph
A woman, said to have lived in the late 7-th century, shown with a lotus blossom or flower basket, and occasionally with a peach and sheng reed-organ.

Tung

Lu Tung-pin
LU Dong Bin
f}
Born c. 755 AD, died 805 AD, shown with a fly-whisker, is dressed as a scholar, and honored as such. He also had a magic sword with which he performed freak feats, for which reason he is also the patron deity of barbers.

Hsiang

Han Hsiang-tzu
HAN Xiang Zi
l
Said to be the nephew of the Tang Dynasty statesman and scholar Han Yu, is often shown with a flute, and patron deity of musicians.

Tsao

Ts'ao Kuo-ch'iu
CAO Guo Jiu

Said to have been connected with the Sung Imperial family, and is generally shown with castanets or a jade tablet of admission to court; patron deity of actors

ph34r my reed-organ and lotus blossoms!!!!

The Dopefish
3rd May 2001, 09:48 PM
]CKl[ baby w00!

Edit: something tells me one of the teams with an LoL member in it is going to win. Why do I say that? Well, I have a feeling it won't be my team, since 0shadow0 isn't a CTF player. :D

Kray
3rd May 2001, 11:35 PM
A PuF tournament, thats great. I think I'll just spec. Nobody wants a high pinger (av. 450) in their team. ;)

I'm going to try The Web tonight and check my ping.

DeeperShade
3rd May 2001, 11:36 PM
Ts'ao Kuo-ch'iu
[TKc]DeeperShade *
[TKc]I_B_Bangin
[TKc]malkovich
[TKc]Roo

omg, my team sooo 0wns.. woohoo :p

WiCkEdLiLD
3rd May 2001, 11:48 PM
'You have been ACTIVATED and assigned to Lan Ts'ai-ho.'

I hope he's good. :(

Rooster
4th May 2001, 12:35 AM
Deeper, we got Rev. Whoopass.

OMG.

Uhm..

This could get ugly fellas.

Me & Rev got Defense. Bangin's on Offense. Malko/Shirker - I think he likes to run O - I sure killed him alot tonight on 950's server. ;)

You two have fun taking your time getting the flag. :)

(Just kidding all, having a little pre-season fun!)

OshadowO
4th May 2001, 12:35 AM
Hey dopey did I tell ya about my ping?:D
Roo's playing? Damn I know I'm gonna get type killed atleast once per match now making some obscure chicken comment when playing his team:D

Rooster
4th May 2001, 12:40 AM
Set it for a macro you dork! ;)

|C|onfusion
4th May 2001, 03:51 AM
Maybe I will have to start the Anti-Roo|Whoopass team?

If your interested, I maybe setting up a team to play the winners from the www.online-combat.com forums
:P
Thought you might like that one roo / rev
:D

Swedix
4th May 2001, 07:27 AM
Signed up.
If I can play depends on which time the matches are on.
I hope the games can be scheduled so we Euros can play too.

[RSU]Lina_Inverse
4th May 2001, 07:38 AM
I'm the only player in Lu Tung'pin
Lu Tung-pin
LU Dong Bin
f}
Born c. 755 AD, died 805 AD, shown with a fly-whisker, is dressed as a scholar, and honored as such. He also had a magic sword with which he performed freak feats, for which reason he is also the patron deity of barbers.

... D'OH ...

I shall spank you with that fly-whisker then ('till you get rid of the annoying me with a bigger gun :D) even if LTp is doomed (see the bracket: HHk first, then the best of HHt and TKc).

DeeperShade
4th May 2001, 07:48 AM
Hey roo.. You right, we gonna kick ass! We gonna kick all your asses! Yeah. I aint no punk biatch. :D

You can tell Ive been watchin Rush Hour right? :p

GunnerX
4th May 2001, 09:49 AM
w00t!!!

HHt 0wnz j00!!! :D

Swedix
4th May 2001, 10:33 AM
Tjena Gunner, same team.
We can speak swedish to each other and make the enemies confused :D

OshadowO
4th May 2001, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Rooster
Set it for a macro you dork! ;)
I'll have a hard enuff time remebering my CTF binds...wait I got it modified binds.
Chicken is uncovered!(base is uncovered)
Somebody get that rooster back!(get our flag)
Bird!!!!(incoming)

The Dopefish
4th May 2001, 11:10 AM
Just to reiterate, I'm placing all bets on a team with an LoL member in it...most probably the one with Rooster, IBB, DS and Rev. Whooparse. :o

Hammer
4th May 2001, 11:31 AM
Hey Swedix, what kind of a time difference from US eastern time are we talking about?? I'll send an email tonight from home to find out map prefs, schedules, etc.. Oh yes, I like my trophies gold and shiny:)

WebSlinger
4th May 2001, 11:46 AM
I am still adding script to the system, when all teams are full everyone playing will get a welcome e-mail with info about what to expect. In addition to that all team captains will get another e-mail explaining what is expected of them as far as scheduling and reporting wins is concerned. Spread the word; we are half way full at this point! w00t!

BTW if you want to relinquish your captaincy, please let me know via e-mail who on your team should be the captain. Again, Captains are responsible for scheduling their games with the other team and for reporting game results. Captains are NOT meant to be dictators to decide who sits out on what game, that should be decided by the team as a whole. And also changing lineups mid match or mid-game is totally acceptable, we want to provide EVERYONE with a chance to play at least one game per tourney.

cryco
4th May 2001, 12:31 PM
Morety, does your noxious cloud of fumes affect your team-mates?
Look out, cause cryco's in the HHk house....

Morety, when and where do you play on pubs? I would like to get in a couple of games to "understand" your game play (if such a thing is possible).

DR i've played enough with ;) and JJX? um, who you be? where can I find you?

Anyone want a piece of me, i hop between Pukestain, ACOM and 950 servers. Damn player limits are too high though (on some)..... I got my own server too, so if anyone wants a particular map or game, just e-mail me....
This applies to anyone I will recognize....

JJaX
4th May 2001, 12:48 PM
Im signed up and ready to kick some ass. I play on Zombie and 55th parallel servers all the time. I stick to CTF cuz thats my sh1T. What servers do you guys go on, I wanna get a taste of the action!

~Ultimate flag runner!~

lunchblaze
4th May 2001, 01:20 PM
lol,
well, i tried to sign up, but it took me to some screen that wanted an activation # - which i ain't got.

maybe it emails me with the # or somethin. prolly already discussed and i just missed it - and now i look like a st00b.

either way - everybody rock out and stuff.

out.

JJaX
4th May 2001, 02:02 PM
Check your e-mail..
Enter activation number (cut N paste)
Click submit

(DuH) :P

el Gato
4th May 2001, 02:15 PM
Sounds like fun, but I'm up to ma arse in work. How soon will this be starting, and how often will matches be?

And how many of you are HPB's? ;)

I_B_Bangin
4th May 2001, 02:16 PM
Lead us to victory captain Deepershade sir! :D

Swedix
4th May 2001, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Hammer
Hey Swedix, what kind of a time difference from US eastern time are we talking about??
I think I'm 6 hours before you according to This Map (http://www.worldtimezone.com/). I'm GMT+1 hour + 1 hour Daylight Saving

HOh yes, I like my trophies gold and shiny:)
Roger that! :)

DeeperShade
4th May 2001, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by I_B_Bangin'
Lead us to victory captain Deepershade sir! :D

ALRIGHT A$$HOLES! DROP AND GIVE ME TWENTY! IBB! SPIT THAT GUM OUT! WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! THIS IS THE ARMY MY SON AND WE TOLERATE NO CRAP HERE!

WebSlinger
4th May 2001, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by lunchblaze
lol,
well, i tried to sign up, but it took me to some screen that wanted an activation # - which i ain't got.yeah you signed up with lunchblaze@home.com and if that's ACTUALLY your email address you should get an activation number. let me know if you need any more help :)

lunchblaze
4th May 2001, 03:09 PM
i need LOTS of help.

what all can you do?

]LoL[malkovich|mOO
4th May 2001, 03:13 PM
finally i get to play in a game with roo where he wont be kicking my ass all over the map ... :D ... oh , and we would like to formally change our team name to Kung Pao Chk'n ... :D ... w00t ! ... shirk ...

Morety
4th May 2001, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by shirker|MyU
finally i get to play in a game with roo where he wont be kicking my ass all over the map ... :D

Maybe I'll put team damage at 100% just out of spite ;)

btw: do NOT get in his way when he's trying to do a shock combo. He doesn't like that. :D

GunnerX
4th May 2001, 03:20 PM
w00t!! It's Hammer time!! /me does the MC Hammer dance....

I shall scream Swedish profanities during matches... bwahahaha!!!

WebSlinger
4th May 2001, 04:09 PM
i need LOTS of help. what all can you do? You still haven't activated your account, Do i NEEEEED to do that for you or can you handle the CTRL+C,V? :p

lunchblaze
4th May 2001, 04:13 PM
lol,
no, i signed up from work - and that is my home email.
hence my confusion ;)

as for help, i meant more psychologically related things.

out.

Morety
4th May 2001, 04:48 PM

as for help, i meant more psychologically related things.

out.

I can help. Don't eat yellow snow.

Robot TinMan|BuF
4th May 2001, 05:54 PM
Well, I've signed too. ;)
Hmm, m0? Dark? (that's what I use to call DarkReaper in IRC)
U like a HPB in yer team? :D

WebSlinger
4th May 2001, 06:05 PM
just a quick FYI:

When time comes to start, I have built the scheduler for the tourney. Captains will be able to schedule games. Since this is being scheduled on the Ci server, Tuesday and Thursday evenings after 7est and Saturdays after 4est cannot be scheduled via this system. If you do need to play a match sometime during those times, let me know and I can schedule your game for you if there are no match/ practice conflicts with [Ci]. Mon Wed Friday evenings, Saturdays before 4est and all day Sunday are open for schedulng though

LordKhaine
4th May 2001, 06:39 PM
Ah what the hell, signed up to Li T'ieh-kuai :D, dj_ran, I stand ready to receive orders ;)

Death to the LPB's! :D

[muTTs]R@ge
4th May 2001, 09:04 PM
I await the call DJ.

Shock6822
4th May 2001, 10:04 PM
/me signs up

MST
4th May 2001, 10:09 PM
i think im gonna have to watch few of these games. which one looks the be the best in the first round and when?

OshadowO
4th May 2001, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by WebSlinger

Captains are NOT meant to be dictators to decide who sits out on what game, that should be decided by the team as a whole.
Aww hell that's it take away all my fun from me webby:(

WebSlinger
4th May 2001, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by OshadowO

Aww hell that's it take away all my fun from me webby:( yeah ]CKl[ doesn't have a bad roster there, but ya know Bish is used to giving orders so ya might wanna take it easy on him or else he might go postal and TK ya, Oh did I mention all games have the following settings? Team Damage 200% no x-loc low grav cap limit: 1 timelimit: 2 minutes Stealth Match mutator Jump Match mutator All Relicsj/k hehe :p

WebSlinger
4th May 2001, 11:03 PM
ok fellas looks like we may get this thing rollin this weekend, only 8 more spots left at this point. I'll try to get this stuff finished by saturday then everyone will receive an email saying "welcome, here's what's going on..." and then Captains get another email telling them what to do. Now dial-in to my network is down for some reason and I hope that gets back up so I can work on the script. If I can't get to the code we'll have to kick it off monday.

MST
4th May 2001, 11:14 PM
im in after some convincing from the folks at #planetunreal

Lu Tung-pin
^LTp^Namu *
^LTp^MST
^LTp^Peregrine

Morety
4th May 2001, 11:42 PM
Heyw00t! Good stuff Tinny :D

Blistering_Pants
5th May 2001, 04:52 AM
All I have to say is

BOOM!

Inquisitor
5th May 2001, 06:13 AM
w00t ... I just signed up :P

And I'm at the Li T'ieh-kuai team !
I'm sure we are gonna rock. Be sure to put me on offence ;)

[RSU]Lina_Inverse
5th May 2001, 07:25 AM
Welcome aboard, Mt!
As you may have noticed: LTp is in great need of really good players (i'd like someone to convince Pain to play in our team) to even up the chances :/ i hope you're one of these :D

WebSlinger
5th May 2001, 02:55 PM
Lu Tung-pin
^LTp^Namu *
^LTp^MST
^LTp^Peregrine
^LTp^Surebrec
^LTp^XS|Pain

HAHA in YER DREAMS! LTp!!!!!!! as of this point we need ONE more and we're ON!

WebSlinger
5th May 2001, 03:31 PM
ok boys and girls (sort that out among yerselves) check yer email, Tourney is ON!
Good Luck to our teams...

Chang Kuo-lao
]CKl[OshadowO *
]CKlCKl[Lycorda
]CKl[SamD
]CKl[TheDopefish
[b]Ch'uan Chung-li
=CCl=Boom *
=CCl=Blistering_Pants
=CCl=Fallen|blue
=CCl=ShatteredX
=CCl=XiKo
Han Hsiang-tzu
-HHt-Hammer *
-HHt-GunnerX
-HHt-POOP=MC^2
-HHt-Rewdog
-HHt-Swedix
Ho Hsien-ku
{HHk}Morety *
{HHk}cryco
{HHk}DarkReaper
{HHk}JJaX2001
{HHk}TinMan
Lan Ts'ai-ho
|LTh|SIRUS *
|LTh|Catalyst88
|LTh|CodpieceTheGreat
|LTh|Shai`tan
|LTh|WiCkEdLiLD
Li T'ieh-kuai
[LTk]dj_ran *
[LTk]Inquisitor
[LTk]LordKhaine
[LTk]Myrmidion
[LTk]R@ge
Lu Tung-pin
^LTp^Namu *
^LTp^CaSCaDe
^LTp^MST
^LTp^Peregrine
^LTp^Surebrec
Ts'ao Kuo-ch'iu
[TKc]DeeperShade *
[TKc]I_B_Bangin
[TKc]malkovich
[TKc]Rev.Whoopass
[TKc]Roo

Swedix
5th May 2001, 04:15 PM
Do we all play same maps?
What maps shall we play on?

Rooster
5th May 2001, 04:27 PM
What maps can we choose from?

OshadowO
5th May 2001, 05:00 PM
I just e-mailed my team telling them to pick the maps already on the web @ http://theweb.dns2go.com/
Umm so is that the actual map list or is it more limited?

Mrukk
5th May 2001, 09:37 PM
Boohoo - I just missed out :(

OshadowO
6th May 2001, 12:06 AM
Mrukk you want my spot?:) My team will probably thank you for it:D But then you'd have to organise the whole team tho since I'm captain.

Mrukk
6th May 2001, 01:23 AM
lol! I'm not taking anyones spot :) But I'll put myself first on the list of people to fill in in case anyone has to pull out of the tourney!! woohoo

{L}OutZ{JEDI}
6th May 2001, 02:12 AM
You can stick my name in this.

If i'm worthy

Mrukk
6th May 2001, 03:01 AM
w00t - me and Outz will form the wildcard team ;)

OshadowO
6th May 2001, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by {L}OutZ{JEDI}

If i'm worthy
Well to prove your worthiness you must deliver ten beautiful virgins(of the female variety) to my house by midnight tomorrow and then we shall consider:D

Rooster
6th May 2001, 11:34 AM
Hell, bring one to my house and you can have my spot. :)

cryco
6th May 2001, 12:57 PM
LOL @ Roo..

WebSlinger
6th May 2001, 01:25 PM
the teams are full but go ahead and sign up. at the end of the tourney all the teams are cleared and at the same time an email goes out to EVERYONE who signed up (even if they didn;t get bput on a team), saying it's time to go again. Then you will be able to get back to the site and get yourself on a team (1st come 1st served again). My guess is some people won't do it again, some will, so those who didn't get to play this round will get to next time. So go ahead and sign up (http://theweb.dns2go.com/puf)!

By the way here are the maps for this tourney (keep in mind, Orbital is tiebreaker map) I think after this tourney we'll chop this list down a bit to, like, 10 choices or so:

CTF-ArcticOutpostv11
CTF-Beatitude
CTF-BollWerK105
CTF-Colony
CTF-Command
CTF-Conquest
CTF-Coret
CTF-CoretCE105
CTF-Cybrosis][
CTF-Darji16
CTF-DDay
CTF-Deck16]I[
CTF-Dreary
CTF-EpicBoy
CTF-Esprit
CTF-EternalCave
CTF-EventHorizon
CTF-Face-LE103
CTF-Face-SE
CTF-Face
CTF-Face][
CTF-Fin
CTF-Football
CTF-Gauntlet
CTF-Glacier][
CTF-GreatHalls
CTF-HallOfGiants
CTF-High
CTF-Hydro16
CTF-IcyBeach
CTF-Kosov
CTF-LavaGiant
CTF-Lucius
CTF-McSwartzly][
CTF-Midtown
CTF-Niven
CTF-NoonRaid
CTF-November
CTF-NovemberCE105
CTF-Noxion16
CTF-Nucleus
CTF-Ratchet
CTF-Rrajigar
CTF-SD
CTF-SkaarjOutpost
CTF-Terra
CTF-ThornsV2
CTF-TNCTF40
CTF-TwinValley2
CTF-Warrior
CTF-WoricCastles
CTFRM1-LightHeaded
CTFRM2-OverlookedPleasure
CTFRM3-BrokenLimits

{L}OutZ{JEDI}
6th May 2001, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by OshadowO

Well to prove your worthiness you must deliver ten beautiful virgins(of the female variety) to my house by midnight tomorrow and then we shall consider:D

ROTFL I have trouble just getting one of those over my house :\

LOL @ r00 :)

DeeperShade
6th May 2001, 05:11 PM
http://www.planetunreal.com/modelfarm/deepershade/tkc.jpg

You just know we 0wnz j00 :p

WebSlinger
6th May 2001, 06:41 PM
DS, hm I may have to add a logo upload utility to the PuF Tourney page. but right now you win the award for most team spirit!

MST
6th May 2001, 08:21 PM
I dont think i will be able to make most of the games this week. So if its ok with you Weblinger can you let someone take my spot. I'm sorry to throw this curveball at the last second.

WebSlinger
6th May 2001, 10:46 PM
I sent you guys an email, the first one of you to get over to http://thweb.dns2go.com/puf and register gets MAEST's open spot.

{L}OutZ{JEDI}
7th May 2001, 01:00 AM
It won't let me sign up, I signed up earlier and it took me to this place asking username/pw/activiation key

I didn't get a key. I gave a valid email addy too.

I tried signing up again and it didn't work.

Pope
7th May 2001, 04:31 AM
I missed my spot cause I didn't have access to the email address I entered from my PC at home :(.
b0000

el Gato
7th May 2001, 07:41 AM
Error, either login incorrect or account is already active

I just tried to sign up for the next go-round a la waiting list, but I got an 'activation' error. I received my activation key in my email, but when I add it to the link provided, I get an error page. Yes, I've double and triple checked my login info :p :)

Pope
7th May 2001, 08:05 AM
Yeah, I got that too. But then I tried to activate it again and I got a "User already registered" (or something like that) which means that it went through (I guess)

Swedix
7th May 2001, 08:19 AM
I withdraw my spot. Due to the big differences in time I won't be able to play.
It's better someone else take my place.

This is the team
Han Hsiang-tzu
-HHt-Hammer *
-HHt-GunnerX
-HHt-POOP=MC^2
-HHt-Rewdog
-HHt-Swedix

I have sent an email to Hammer about this.
I'm very sorry for this. I hope we euros can do something similar.
I wishes my team the best luck and I will hold my thumbs for them.

LordKhaine
7th May 2001, 08:31 AM
What times are matches been played then....

WebSlinger
7th May 2001, 09:25 AM
Pope I do have that you signed up before anyone else, since Swedix has dropped, if you want the spot you can have it, if you don't want it, I'll ask OutZ

LK, your team captain should get with you about scheduling games.

Changes in lineups:
- Roo has been named captain of TKc
- Mrukk has joined LTp to replace MAEST

Pope
7th May 2001, 09:36 AM
Well, I've been talking with Swedix about the issue and it seems quite impossible, for me at least, to be able to make matches/practice if they are set at hours that are logical for US peeps :). For some reason I should have thought of this earlier but it only hit home when Swedix said that practice for the team he was on would start at 2100 EST (0400 my time :().

I think I'll try my luck with a Euro tourney :)
Thx for holding that position for me.

WebSlinger
7th May 2001, 10:03 AM
k, i'm offering the spot to OutZ, thanks Pope

lunchblaze
7th May 2001, 11:38 AM
LTh = l33t ho's
0wnz j000000000!

[tauting playground song] we got shai'tan, we got shai'tan nya nya nya nya nyaaaaa[/taunting playground song]

w00000000t!

out.

I_B_Bangin
7th May 2001, 11:44 AM
LOL!!!!

I mean, uh oh not shai'tan! http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/cwm/cwm/eek2.gif

I guess team Ts'ao Kuo-ch'iu is in for it now, huh? :p

DeeperShade
7th May 2001, 12:01 PM
Yeah IBB, we be scared now... :D

Seriously.. The only thing im scared by is rev with his sniper, and hes on my team so it tells ya how good he is if he can scare his own team mates ;)

Anyway, Roo is now captain (after I gave up my post and nomiated him) so lead us to victory, o' cocky one :D

I_B_Bangin
7th May 2001, 12:05 PM
Maybe captain Roo can give us all custom made cock rings when we win! :D

lunchblaze
7th May 2001, 12:07 PM
hehe,
yeah,
Ten Kuckyfried Chicken team does look a little stacked.

but we won't have to 0wn j00 untill the finals anyway!
and we will be honed.

w00000000000t!

out.

WebSlinger
7th May 2001, 12:52 PM
LOL @ "Ten Kuckyfried Chicken"

Rooster
7th May 2001, 10:47 PM
OH YEAH.

http://rooster.eicomm.net/pics/tkcfull.jpg

OH YEAH.

My_Oozing_Eye|PuF
8th May 2001, 12:31 AM
What is the order of the waiting list? As I don't get to check these boards more than once a day... I hope you don't continue with the mad scramble for an open spot approach :(

BTW hehehe this is a GREAT idea Webslinger :)

MOE

el Gato
8th May 2001, 07:36 AM
MOE, maybe we should form that Ooze clan and play the losers. :)

WebSlinger
8th May 2001, 10:14 AM
ROO THAT's AWESOME!

Gato, MOE, I think the waiting list order is Gato, MOE contrary to what the website says. I think i'm going to make that a little better, maybe make an area on the site that if people want to drop they can, then the next person gets emailed asking if they wanna take it, etc. There has to be a cutoff though, I would think after the first game is played, no more drops will be allowed.

we'll see what happens.

JJaX
8th May 2001, 10:20 AM
I hope my team doesnt care that im practicing with the enemy :-P

Blistering_Pants
8th May 2001, 10:34 AM
Hey Boom, when are we getting together?

cryco
8th May 2001, 01:17 PM
That's the plan Jax. Get to know how they operate.
Keep up the spyin... um, work....

JJaX
8th May 2001, 01:20 PM
ROGER THAT!

Morety
8th May 2001, 01:31 PM
Just play really really crappy so they expect a cakewalk when they play us :) Hey wait, that's my normal gameplay. Never mind.

WebSlinger
8th May 2001, 06:34 PM
HHk vs LTp has been scheduled for Saturday at 3:30 pm (http://theweb.dns2go.com/sched/event.asp?id=88)

GL H5 Guys!

Rooster
8th May 2001, 08:07 PM
TKc vs HHt is tonight!

10pm ET.

|H|ouse of |H|avoc.

Han Hsiang-tzu
-HHt-Hammer *
-HHt-GunnerX
-HHt-Outsiders71
-HHt-POOP=MC^2
-HHt-Rewdog

vs

Ts'ao Kuo-ch'iu
[TKc]Roo *
[TKc]DeeperShade
[TKc]I_B_Bangin
[TKc]malkovich
[TKc]Rev.Whoopass

Mrukk
8th May 2001, 08:12 PM
OMG - I thought that was the team we were playing lol... hmm, must be HHk or something. Whatever happened to good old-fashioned english :D

/me runs to see the opposing lineup for saturday

Morety
8th May 2001, 10:01 PM
/me looks forward to avenging our SW4 deaths vs. Mrukk there :D

Mrukk
8th May 2001, 10:12 PM
eeek, it's Morety and co.

/me runs away :D

Rev.Whoopass
8th May 2001, 11:56 PM
hopefully,we get a crack at MRUKK!!!!!!!!

Rooster
9th May 2001, 12:08 AM
TKc WINS!

Coret: TKc 3 - HHt 1
Bollwerk: TKc 7 - HHt 1
Orbital: TKc 5 - HHt 1 <-- For fun!

Great games!

Lots of fun (after the first server burp). :)

{L}OutZ{JEDI}
9th May 2001, 12:25 AM
Besides some lag trouble it was good ol' fun. No complaining, nothing llamish ( i haven't had one of those in awhile)

Roo & Rev's defense is a killer duo, ya you can kill them but when they respawn you're dead ;)

I hope you enjoyed my offensive HHt gg's. It was fun playing with you all.

Rooster
9th May 2001, 12:27 AM
More detailed results here: http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43994

Hammer
9th May 2001, 12:31 AM
hht passed before it's time. GG's tkc.

Ineffectual
9th May 2001, 01:12 AM
Someone told me in #pu that I should come and put my name on the waiting list or something. =) So here I am. Hehe...

'Fect

WebSlinger
9th May 2001, 06:39 AM
CONGRATS to TKc for advancing to the semi finals in the tourney!

'Fect: Go here to sign up (http://theweb.dns2go.com/puf), i'm sure any team would be glad to have you.

:)

Morety
9th May 2001, 09:20 AM
Saturday, 3pm est. HHk vs. LPt (or something like that...Mrukk's team anyway ;))

Hydro/Bollwerk/Orgytal

Sure you guys wanna play this? You could just save embarrassing yourselves and let us go by.

Mrukk
9th May 2001, 09:30 AM
Never fear Morety - we're always up for humiliating defeats :)

pine
9th May 2001, 01:08 PM
I obviously didn't sign up in time for this tourney; when will you guys be starting another one?

Also, after I tried to activate my account it said all teams were full and gave me the activation page again; does that mean it DID get activated and I just have to wait until next tourney, or I need to activate it at the beginning of the next tourney when team spots are empty?

Morety
9th May 2001, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by |H|Rev.Whoopass|PuF
hopefully,we get a crack at MRUKK!!!!!!!!

Yep. Rev. |H|oopAss is already proving his fear of HHk :)

DeeperShade
9th May 2001, 01:51 PM
Cheers to HHt for making that one of the most intense games Ive ever played..

Makes a change from CTF-Face :)

JJaX
9th May 2001, 02:14 PM
GRRRRR Let me at em' morety...Grrrr let me loose ARG!!!!

i think its nap time............

Mrukk
9th May 2001, 02:18 PM
Moretso, since Rev ph34rs you so much wouldn't it be the humane and decent thing to let us through, rather than to inflict unecessary pain and suffering on him and his sorry team? :D

Rev.Whoopass
9th May 2001, 03:30 PM
HAHAHA.......it is ALWAYS a pleasure to play Morety,and mrukk!

It's just good clean fun......not whining,bitching.......just the way the game was meant to be played.GG's HHt!

cryco
9th May 2001, 03:51 PM
damn, i got freaked. HHt, HHk, looks almost the same. I thought I missed a match. So, we'z playing on Sat. My fave maps to boot. Woohoooo!!!
Um, I just realized something. I'm going golfing on Sat. Crap crap crap crap crap crap!!!!!!!!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargggggggg.
/me is confused.
If it's a beautiful day, sigh, do i hang with the boys or play UT? If it rains, I'm playing.... *sigh* I hate whe RL confuses things. Somebody shut down RL for a bit....

WebSlinger
9th May 2001, 04:56 PM
Game Details for {HHk} vs ^LTp^ - PuF:
Saturday, May 12, 2001 - 3:00:00 PM - 4:30:00 PM USA EST

Maps
Round 1: CTF-BollWerK105
Round 2: CTF-Hydro16
Tie Breaker: CTF-Orbital
Rules
Timelimit: 20
Team Score: 0
Number of Players: 8
Spectators: 2
Translocator: True
Weapon Stay: True
Force Respawn: False

This game will be broadcast Live in #theweb on irc.enterthegame.com
Team Colors:
Red Team {HHk}
Blue Team ^LTp^

DeeperShade
9th May 2001, 05:03 PM
This will belong to TKc

http://www.planetunreal.com/modelfarm/deepershade/tournament.jpg

WE WILL BE VICTORIOUS! OR MY NAME ISNT DAVE (and it isnt :D )

WebSlinger
9th May 2001, 07:23 PM
thx DS, yeah there will be gold and silver trophies that will be displayed on the winning team and runner up team's info pages for ONE week before all data is cleared and we start all over

Nice one there DS!

Rooster
9th May 2001, 07:55 PM
Make a little image for it so we can add it to our sigs!

(uh... didn't mean to be presumptuous, just saying that those that win may want to add it to their sigs.)

Morety
9th May 2001, 09:09 PM
As much as the Chinese Immortals was a cool idea, I believe re-naming for the next tourney is in order. I'll work on it *cough*carl*cough* now ;)

cryco
9th May 2001, 09:32 PM
Gee Morety, you actually bothered looking at the names you came up with?
Are you going with the Greek God theme next?
Maybe the Roman ones?
How about ancient egyptian, or Summerian? hhhuh?
Oh wait, even better, let's go with Roman numerals: team I, team II... team IX etc.. hehe, i just had to pick on you... :)
I'm sure the next ones will be a bit more on the, um, UT side...

WebSlinger
10th May 2001, 02:09 PM
Bishop has had to drop the tourney for RL reasons (Good Luck Bish!), and Dopefish has been named the captain of ]CKl[!

Go get 'em boyoz!!!

OshadowO
10th May 2001, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by WebSlinger
Bishop has had to drop the tourney for RL reasons (Good Luck Bish!), and Dopefish has been named the captain of ]CKl[!

Go get 'em boyoz!!!
OK this is news to me......I just sent you an e-mail b4 I read this. Ummmm ...
:confused:
You on here now??

WebSlinger
10th May 2001, 04:29 PM
ok I was wrong, Lycorda has been voted team cap, not Dopey....

it's changed now

Morety
12th May 2001, 09:50 AM
We 'may' be in need of a sub today. Come game time (3pm est) we'll see who's availamable in #theweb if we do need one.

Rooster
12th May 2001, 11:35 AM
http://rooster.eicomm.net/pics/L.jpg

Mrukk
12th May 2001, 01:02 PM
Ah, the day is young, and Morety is already up to his tricks ;)

2 people can't make it man? :(

Morety
12th May 2001, 02:44 PM
When I asked for available times, today at 3pm est was fine. I scheduled it as such. Then, one had a golf game scheduled, but may make it, the other had a family commitment that I just found out about this morning. :hmm:

For this match, if we don't get 4 players, we'll just take the next one on the waiting list to kick yer asses :)

Robot TinMan|BuF
12th May 2001, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Morety
...the other had a family commitment that I just found out about this morning. :hmm:An official apology, to U m0 & our team and also every1 involved to get this tourny going: I'm sorry. :(
Like I told m0, I was so ecstatic in playing this tourny, that I totally forgot about my earlier agreement with my family.
As soon as my brain started to work, I e-mailed U m0, in order for U to have the info as soon as possible.
It feels awful and I hope I can make up to it.
The worst part is that I know m0 tried as hard as possible to get a time that'd suit me. :hmm:

Morety
13th May 2001, 01:08 AM
No problem TM.

We used Cobra for defence as a sub. We split Hydro and Bollwerk, but ran out of time before we could play Orbital. Therefore, we have the tiebreaker to reschedule to see who gets to lose...er... go on against Rooster's boys :D

cryco
13th May 2001, 11:27 AM
Well, I did not go golfing. Instead I went to a clinic. I've been rather sick the last few days (since Thursday) and pretty much have not played UT since then...
Sorry about that.
As I write this, I am feeling way better, so by tomorrow, I should be back inshape to kick some @ss...

Rooster
13th May 2001, 02:12 PM
Someone just tell me who our next victim is! ;)

Morety
14th May 2001, 09:12 AM
I'll tell you it's us once we win Orbital. :)

lunchblaze
14th May 2001, 10:38 AM
hey everybody,
i need to bow out of this tourney.

my connection (thanks at&t) is completely hosed again - affording me luxurious ping spikes into the 2000's and beyond, with packet loss in excess of 100% (still don't know how that's possible).

anyway, it's pretty impossible to play that way, and i don't want to take up a spot that somebody else could fill.

so,
next time around...

out.

JJaX
14th May 2001, 11:18 AM
Roo, Ill be seeing you in the next round of the tourney. Mwhahahahahahahah

Mrukk
14th May 2001, 11:43 AM
We'll see about that :D

DeeperShade
14th May 2001, 11:58 AM
If you do get through to the next round, you wont be seeing roo, Just his ShockCombo in your face :D

Ooo,, Im getting excited :)

deweyrawk
14th May 2001, 02:35 PM
Hey Morety, I may be available if you're really desperate. Thought I was gonna be out of town during this time period, but I'm not going to be. Lemme know...:cool:

DeeperShade
19th May 2001, 11:18 AM
*bump* ;)

Morety
19th May 2001, 11:42 PM
Well, it was one helluva game. Due to some no-shows, we went for a 3v3 match for the tiebreaker Orbital. It was 2-2 after playing for about 10 minutes. LPt had grabbed our flag...and the server cut out and went to Bollwerk.

So, we then re-started and played a 10 minute match. Well, Mrukk grabbed our flag and JJaX grabbed their flag about a minute into the game. That's exactly how it stood and we went into overtime with one big standoff.

TinMan stayed back and guarded JJaX while I went to retrieve the flag from Mrukk. Perigrine and Namu went after our flag, leaving Mrukk alone making it an interesting 1v1 type matchup for me.

He was hanging out in the amp room with shield belt on. I know I knocked him down a few times, and we had some great shock jousting matches. I came in from the centre room, the flak room, and his flag room. Damned if I could get him. Eventually I grabbed a deemer. I was running in from the center room and I heard him grab the armour. I let it launch. It was too close range for him to shock the deemer dead. I had Perigrine on my ass, but he must've just ran out of ammo because I suddenly heard an IH. I was able to x-loc onto the flag and get it back.

I really really enjoyed that. It was one helluva standoff making it tense through the whole match.

DeeperShade
20th May 2001, 08:50 AM
One of the best standoff's I've seen for a while. Even better than the Bush vs Gore matchup :p

Damned good game, but sadly your progression up the ladder is about to be holted by the unstoppable force that is TKc ;)

JJaX
20th May 2001, 09:55 PM
Hell yeah a damn good match. Nerve wrecking to say the least. I saw it this way, If i dropped that flag we were out of the tourney! But instead i went on a 18-0 rampage, I didnt die once, Thats a 1st :) Thanks Tinman for the cover, and morety nice job hunting down Mrukk. GG!

WebSlinger
21st May 2001, 09:28 AM
M-M-M-MONSTER CUTE!!!!!
http://forums.planetunreal.com/avatar.php?userid=11730

Blistering_Pants
21st May 2001, 12:25 PM
I just know that one of these days Boom, will get our team together for a practice and maybe even our match ;)

WebSlinger
21st May 2001, 01:51 PM
YES!!!
Originally posted by Blistering_Pants
I just know that one of these days Boom, will get our team together for a practice and maybe even our match ;)

]LoL[malkovich|mOO
25th May 2001, 08:52 PM
HUMP

Robot TinMan|BuF
25th May 2001, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by DeeperShade
Damned good game, but sadly your progression up the ladder is about to be holted by the unstoppable force that is TKc ;) Hmm, I take it Ur not attending it then, DS? :D
U just forfeited on us tonight, right? ;)

Yeah, that game was nerve wrecking, Jax. U did great getting the flag and m0 in retrieving ours. :)

DeeperShade
26th May 2001, 10:52 AM
hehe, bet your eating those words now tinman ;)

TKc are in the finals (but our next opponents have yet to play their first match :hmm:

WebSlinger
26th May 2001, 11:18 AM
where'd you play the games?
TKc History (http://theweb.dns2go.com/puf/team.asp?id=8)

cryco
26th May 2001, 01:02 PM
Roo found a server and we played on that. Some real fun games. Well, sometimes I outran my own flak secondary, but in general, it was a blast. We (HHk) sorta lost.
We also played a thrid map just for fun, but it felt more like we were playing against ]LoL[. Much fun.

WebSlinger
26th May 2001, 03:08 PM
well, i've dispatched a message to the team captinas which haven't played yet. We need to determine another finalist for the champoinship game!

Current Bracket (http://theweb.dns2go.com/puf/tourney.asp)

Rev.Whoopass
26th May 2001, 03:11 PM
we had a blast.It was great playing puf peeps.

Robot TinMan|BuF
26th May 2001, 05:17 PM
Yeah, it was great, even if my butt still hurts from the whooping. ;)
Rev, U sleep with both sniper and shock rifle under yer pillow? :D
On Hydro, it took me half the match to even get over the bridge. lol.
Roo/Bangin: Does the mini ever jam? ;)
Shirkovich: May Ur combo blow up in Ur face. :D

U guys were awesome! U deserve the final spot. :)
GG's and congrats to ya all!

Rooster
27th May 2001, 10:01 AM
We played on The Web.

GG's all!

(I posted more just a second ago, but something wierd happened, and it all went away)

DeeperShade
27th May 2001, 11:55 AM
I didnt play too well the first game but did get better on the second ;)

Does anyone have and .dems from those matches?

I_B_Bangin
27th May 2001, 01:05 PM
Ah shaaaaaduuup! You did fine DS. Your job was to hold the enemy courtyard and by doing so, helped us to score. I think from the ngstats you had a score of 15 frags, which might seem low, but they were all straight up kills with no flag kills or caps, so I would say that was a job well done. You had the least glorious job on the map, but did good.

That will be the last ego boost you ever get from me, because the truth of the matter is.......

YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I_B_Bangin
27th May 2001, 02:02 PM
Hydro Win 6 - 0 (http://www5.ut.ngworldstats.com/games/ctf/209/83/223/252/7777/990845060791/)

Lava Win 4 - 2 (http://www4.ut.ngworldstats.com/games/ctf/209/83/223/252/7777/990847068928/)

Orby for fun (http://www4.ut.ngworldstats.com/games/ctf/209/83/223/252/7777/990848539513/)

Rev.Whoopass
27th May 2001, 06:47 PM
I have 1st person demo's of me,from all the maps played

I_B_Bangin
27th May 2001, 06:59 PM
You are so vain! :D

Rev.Whoopass
27th May 2001, 07:16 PM
rofl!!! not vain.....I demo everything I play.......even pubs.lol

(if ya want the demos,lava was b0rked,so i got hydro,and orby)

http://members.home.net/panacea8/hhk.zip

no pimpage there,I would love to add a play by play.....with me saying awwww yeeeahhh every 3 minutes

I_B_Bangin
27th May 2001, 11:22 PM
Actually, with that sexy voice of yours, you could probably sell those demos if you did play by play on them. I would buy the whole Barry White...er...Rev Whoopass collection. :D

Morety
28th May 2001, 12:38 AM
Cool demo of hydro rev. Man, I really kicked your ass in there, didn't I? ;)

GG's m0s. :)

Rev.Whoopass
28th May 2001, 01:04 AM
Morety.....it's not a matter of winning,you are the coolest cat to grace a UT server.....EVER!

I would gladly lose to a team if they were as fun as puf players.

and you did beat me up on orby meanie

Robot TinMan|BuF
28th May 2001, 09:13 AM
OK, who's the admin for NGStats?
I'll have him/her delete my record for those games. :D

Morety
28th May 2001, 09:16 AM
I was just joshin' with ya rev :D

Bangin' says you got the cooles bcom voice ever in the history of UT.

I'm coming home with the flag Roo

He was imitating you on bcom in our match last night. Sounded great. Guess there's no mistaking who it is when you're talking :)

Rev.Whoopass
28th May 2001, 10:00 AM
rofl.......we gotta get a fun game going.Like a 12 on 12 Thorns with a 40 minute time limit or something.And all be on BC.

Mcshtty,Face,Niven........or someting along those lines.That would be great,but this time we Get Morety. ;)

Morety
28th May 2001, 12:14 PM
lol, thanks Rev. :)

We did a 10v10 with SOB and they picked McSh!tty. It was a laugh to be sure.

We were looking to play Thorns, but in order to play that map with such a large amount of people, not only would the server have to kick total ass, everyone connected would have to as well since your vidcard would have to see all the fireworks all the time.

We'd have to rent a server that could handle such a large load. The only reason we could do it with SOB was because they have an awesome server/connection. If we can do that, you can bet your arse everyone in ]LoL[ will be lined up for another mayhem match, with ff on of course :)

cryco
28th May 2001, 02:40 PM
Hey, I want in on one of those great matches. I tried to play ok, but I was rusty after near 2 weeks of inactivity. at least I know who my ass kickers were and can someday get pointers from them. Except for Morety. No way I can get a cloud of gas that deadly....

Rev.Whoopass
28th May 2001, 05:01 PM
funny you should say that Morety...we played SOB in a PG match last night,and i could not even play,cause i was pinging 300+ to their server.The |H|avoc server can handle alot of peeps,and we should really think about doing it one night.

WebSlinger
28th May 2001, 05:51 PM
if we move the server to Dallas TX on OC-48's like we're planning I would love to host something like that (assuming people ping it OK). We may just be bringing another t1 into our building in Kansas City and put it in an 900MHz machine (it's on a 600MHZ machine now), or then again, I do work for a CORPORATE company, the server may just stay like it is, :p

That many people in Thorns would probably cause a telefrag snowball because of the playerstarts

LordKhaine
28th May 2001, 09:37 PM
if you want to do 10vs10 or something, count out any 56K players. A 56K will lag with more than a few people near.

LordKhaine
28th May 2001, 09:45 PM
Mind you haveing said that, how about a huge AS game? If its Assualt it can be great fun even with st00pid lag. Maps like Overlord are fun with huge teams. Its just total mindless violence, which is fun :) You havent lived till you've seen a whole group of people blown to bits by the mortar on Overlord. :D

WebSlinger
28th May 2001, 10:59 PM
Yeah LK, 32 player Overlord, sounds HILARIOUS! :D

How's that first game for PuF Tourney coming along? ;)

Valk
29th May 2001, 03:52 AM
If such a game were to take place, PLEASE tell me! :D

That would be so fun!