You were rigtht TECHNOARCHER.....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NOBRAIN

when fear is a drug
Apr 18, 2001
Montreal Canada
Visit site
That last warlord was something ..after i send to him everything i got from across the river and died... i decided to trap him in the castle...at that place he couldnt fly very much and he was an easier prey...still what a fight...bye bye

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Actually I was referring to the large gang of Skaarj Warriors. I counted them as I killed them and found out that there are actually NINE of them! It isn't too bad at Medium difficulty though. A few of them dropped health packs, and much to my surprise, one of them actually dropped a shieldbelt!

After getting to the final outside area, I used my Flak Cannon exclusively on the Skaarj Warriors, and then when I faced the Warlord at the end, I used my Sniper Rifle to take him down. BTW, here is the final score that I got from the whole map pack. I think that I only missed three Pupae and one Fly.

NOBRAIN

when fear is a drug
Apr 18, 2001
Montreal Canada
Visit site
regarding illhaven to technoarcher...

Believe it or not ...i lost my saves from this map...most of the time i play more than one mission at the time and use the save slots as well as i can....but not this time ..saved a game over illhaven !! i guess i'll have to start this one from the start ....regarding the elder...i killed the skaarj from very far away and i didnt have any trouble with them...i was lucky the find the belt deep in the river...while under attack from the warlord and running out of health. When the warlord was trap in the castle i had the chance to pick up all the health in the aera (left by the skaarj ) and analyse what i had to do to finish the map...i though i could do it without killing the warlord ..wrong was i !! so i had to free him from the castle (he was trap close to where the spiders were !!) and finish him ....before hitting that button !! see you around .... ps; I play most of my map on hard level but the map STRANGEWORLD was simply to tough on that level (i couldn kill that SKAARJ BEZERKER ...he was to fast !) some map are easier than others ...if i cant play it on hard level .i start the map again medium.... bye bye

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Warlords and Pupae and Flies, oh my!

I have never been able to lead a monster around a map like you must have led that Warlord! I'm still trying to figure out how you could have gotten him through the doors of that temple. As far as the flies and pupae were concerned, this is one of the things that made this map pack harder than many others. I have never seen anyone tweak a monster's properties to make it FASTER before!

Oh, and I play most of the maps for Unreal from inside UT with the Oldskool Amp'd mod, so I have few if any problems with overwriting older saves.

Also, I usually start off at Medium difficulty and play it again on Hard after I learn most of the secrets.

Strangeworld was a fun map pack for me simply because it had a good supply of Mercenaries. I think that this is a monster that is underestimated by mappers and coders. (BTW, if you hadn't noticed, my avatar is the face of a Mercenary Elite.) I typically find Mercenaries and Skaarj Lords to be the hardest "mid-size" monsters for me, because they're very unpredictable.

Skaarj Berzerkers are easier for me because it's not hard to tell what they're going to do. They're particularly easy if they're in pairs, because it takes so little effort to turn them on each other.

I just finished a map pack called "One Day," and I was rather impressed. If you try it out, don't forget to remove Dusk.unr from your Maps folder when you're not playing this set of maps, or Dusk.umx (the music from NyLeve's Falls) won't work.

Also, if you like a TOUGH challenge, you might want to check out a small map called deCyberDuel. The UT version is pretty hard, but the Unreal version is nearly impossible to finish!