When the hell is the next patch comming?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
Remember the good old days? When a new patch came out every couple of months.....well the last one to come out was about 8 months ago now so what the hell is going on here?
Have we hit a dead end as far as tweaking the code is concerned or are all the epic guys just too busy with U2?

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
With usefull input like that you can see why you have managed 764 posts deep :)

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Sad> If you ask a stupid question then you'll get a stupid answer... and no.. 90% of my posts are informative..

7% are retaliations to flames (against people and the forums itself) and 3% is just spam... (what the hell :p)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I'm kinda happy with the 4.36 patch...

I don't like patches in general. Ok, there were many ut patches, but i never had any problems..patching ut :)
q3 however.. :(

I've started patching UT at 4.20.. then came 4.25, 4.28, 4.32.. 4.36;. it'll do :)

icest0rm

Ready for a cold one?
Feb 16, 2001
Antarctica
www.frostcloud.com
Originally posted by DeeperShade

Next stupid question please :p

It wasn't a stupid question at all. I've been wondering about this myself. Although I'm satisfied with patch 4.36, I'm pretty sure that UT can still be tweaked further.

What Epic really needs to do is release some more bonus packs - preferably more models and voices.

Tarantella

Dances with spiders.
Apr 1, 2001
Visit site
Ah well , they promised the final unreal patch for a very long time before it was eventually released and to be honest when it did come it was a bit disappointing.

So I expect the final patch for UT to arrive all of a sudden without any prior announcement and to be quite triffic. ;)

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
Originally posted by DeeperShade
Sad> If you ask a stupid question then you'll get a stupid answer...

Wow. That's an intelligent answer Deeper.

Let's just be nice :) and answer Sadaraks question. This is after all supposed to be a helpful and informative forum, not a forum where people flame each other.

I did some research, and I couldn't find anything in the works for a new Epic released patch. Some new models would certainly be nice, but who knows what will come out.

-I_AM

Gladiator

The Last Honorable Warrior
Jan 23, 2001
Midland, MI
Visit site
Well, a new patch is necessary because of A). Creeping ping on Win2k servers (could be an issue with Win2k though) and B). DirectX 8 D3D renderer that works, to fix the horrible texture management of the UT engine.

Y

Yellow5

Nice to see the forums are as friendly as ever! (not....)

Epic have been busy working on new engine tech however they have stated that there will at least be one more patch for UT. No time as to when we'll see it tho.

Tarantella

Dances with spiders.
Apr 1, 2001
Visit site
Oh good, I hope there will be cos there are two things off the top of my head that I wouldnt mind seeing.

1)In the HUD left hand side below the speech/chat area Id like a list of player numbers with the player name next to it (n small text) so I can communicate more effectively with individual teammates and not use the slow cumbersome ingame speech menu(activated by default key v).

2)I use 'next weapon' command and would like to remove any weapons from that cycle that are already selectable by other key commands.

Thanks for listening:)

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
Originally posted by Tarantella
1)In the HUD left hand side below the speech/chat area Id like a list of player numbers with the player name next to it (n small text) so I can communicate more effectively with individual teammates and not use the slow cumbersome ingame speech menu(activated by default key v).
Thanks for listening:) [/B]
You can bind anything you'd like to your keys for speech. This is pretty much a necessaty if you are playing in public servers. Simply go into your preferences>advanced bind There you can place whatever you'd like with a key. I have keys bound to sayings like "-----shield belt up" and "-----need weapon?" etc.

-I_AM

Tarantella

Dances with spiders.
Apr 1, 2001
Visit site
Oh yeah, sorry if I sound pushy but can I also have an option in the advanced preferences to set a value for the dead zones of the x,y and z joystick axes so that:-

1)I can adjust for wear in the joystick &

2)So I can enable dodging without randomly flying off into the lava, water, vacuum, acid etc :)

Rubbing hands in eager anticipation:)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
and then there's the bug model for ut :)

serious.. yep some new models or a new bonuspak would do nice :) but hey, we should be thankful, i mean, there are already 4 bonuspaks for ut, whilst the Q3fans only got..... team arena.. (wow...)

Maybe the following model: a real skaarj? you know? Yes, i like the skaarj hybrid, it's cool... but a real skaarj player model.. :) i'd like to see that.
And althought i like the 2 new models that came with the bp4, i'm kinda fep up with robots and droids :)

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
Well would you look at that my "Stupid Question" actually got a "discussion" going (now where have I seen that word b4.....oh yeah this is a disussion forum isnt it), do you see deeper?

Tarantella

Dances with spiders.
Apr 1, 2001
Visit site
The point about improved messaging is that I want to be able to give specific instructions to specifically named players having keys bound to say "cover me x" where x is a player number from 1 to 8 or the leader.You cant do that easily at the moment except by bringing up a longwinded menu which is a tad difficult when being hotly pursued by the oppo.