Level infected with texture ...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Claymore

The Flying Dutchman
Dec 24, 1999
Utreg, Holland
www.xs4all.nl
I'm currently working on a industrial style Dm-level, with halflife textures. It's working our really well, but I encoutered a BIG problem.

I sometimes open up all of the texure packages in the editor, to try and find something. The are also some custom texture packages in there, and of coarse THEY got opened too.
Somehow in the middle of it all one of these textures got applied to a surface somewhere in my level. I never clicked that particular texture, and I know that for a fact since it's a Screenshot of a sucky level I deleted long ago. I forgot to delete the texture package though.

Currently this custom texture is REQUIRED to play my level, and as you might have guessed: I seriously have to get RID of this!

Is there a way to let the editor select a surface the texture got applied to?

The point is that this level of mine does not use any separate texture packages. All of the textures I used are inside the MyLevel package, built into each level by default.
The current problem erases that advantage all together. and I refuse to include this dumb file I never chose to use.

G

GunnerX

When you open your level, it should include all the texture packages and which textures you used. All you need to do is look at the texture that UED claims you used in that package. Just delete them all. Don't save the package. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif If you did use this texture, you will see that ugly white smudged wall they call 'none' (or something like that). Then you can replace it with one of your textures. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

[MUTTS]GunnerX

"If at first you don't succeed, don't try Sky Diving!"

Claymore

The Flying Dutchman
Dec 24, 1999
Utreg, Holland
www.xs4all.nl
I sure hope so.

But I never applied the texture to a single brush. The package is maxpack, and the texture is the Screenshot of the level, which is some kind of lame Esher artwork kind of level.
There's absolutely no use for me in using THAT texture in an industrial compound, with only halflife textures.

But I'll it.

Claymore

The Flying Dutchman
Dec 24, 1999
Utreg, Holland
www.xs4all.nl
Ahm wanderer, That's nog exactly what I meant. Don't you think I know how to do that? I just told you guys that I put all the custom textures in the MyLevel package, (including a screenshot), so this is kind of a useless link to me.

Somehow this stupid texture of somebody else got used in my map, this happened to be a screenshot of his level.

I managed to fix the problem though. In the menu the screenshot shown was the one I set to be used, but the path to it was kind of screwed up in Ued. something like:
-Textures.maxpack.MyLevel.Screenshot.
I don't know how that maxpack got there, but it's gone now.

thanx anyway.