--==Your Favorite CQB weapon==-- POLL

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What's your favorite CQB?

• The Benelli Shotgun

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • The MP5

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • The AKMSU

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • The Sig (swat caribine)

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • The Berreta Pistol

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • The Desert Eagle Pistol

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • !@#*^ ~Robar~ rifle!!! Hey its 1 hit kill with its 17000 Joules!!

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters

Gandolf8

THE only true Squimish Marine
Mar 23, 2001
I just want to get a feel for the best CQB weapon....

There is lots of variety out there...I guess it depends on what kind of player u r.

I've seen 6 weapons mainly used in CQB...TELL ME YOURS

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
MP5 using burst mode. You don't get so carried away that every exchange requires a reload. A burst is fairly reliable for taking down an opponent, and it can sustain fire for a good bit of time if I need to keep the pressure on.

DredDamo

Nov 30, 2000
www.damodred.net
The Sig is just so....multifunctional and...er...solid sounding. The MP5 is good but lacks oomph. The AKMSU has horrid accuracy and the tendency to run in screaming with full-auto is overwhelming (not that it's a bad thing!), I can't seem to be able to aim the shotgun (a personal failing :D), and er..what else...oh, the DE is pretty good in a pinch. I've taken down many a surprised AKMSU'er or MP5'er in Sicily while armed only with a DE (that middle, double-door'ed room and around the 'rush' corner :) There's something to be said for having VERY FEW ROUNDS at your disposal...

Aequi

ballistically challenged
Apr 23, 2001
Denmark, duh
Visit site
hmm, might select something else than my lovable assistante called Sig551 with a definition of what CQB really means :)

...only massive use of of M203(M16) makes me go shutgun or if many snipers i switch to knife and grenade launcher* ;)

(*note: not a "winning" loadout, but fun)

Jan 28, 2001
the DE or M9 for me.

I usualy carry a rifle with me , it doesent make sense to carry a heavy ass rifle and lug around a Mp5/Shotgun just in case i have to get into a CQB.

Liquid Night

Argumentative type.
May 18, 2000
Dublin
M9. I'm not much of a CQB fan. (Hopefully will be if a scout rifle comes in, I'll carry that and an MP5K or equivalent shortie subgun).
But for the moment, I just think the M9 is the best for quick target acquisition.

Antedeluge

I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.
Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
Awwww, you are forcing me to pick a favorite!!

I voted for the DE because it brings the most satisfaction when you kill someone with it. All of the others(except the Robar) are really easy to kill with. The DE is the most challenging, followed by the Beretta, AKMSU, M3, MP5, Sig. I often play CQB maps with my "New York" style loadout:

DE - 3 clips
Beretta - 3 clips

Very satisfying to take down all those longarm totin' tangos with my sidearms.

Gandolf8

THE only true Squimish Marine
Mar 23, 2001
I am going to vomit

THE BENELLI ISNT WINNING. Right after I made that huge post on the Benelli Shrine.....

Wats worse is that its tied with the Sig which in my opinion bites....

Course the mp5 is not surprisingly a favorite...

DredDamo

Nov 30, 2000
www.damodred.net
/me hi-fives Antedeluge. New York style, baby, yeah! Although mainly on Sicily Night for me since I have nothing to lose there - can't see anything anyway! :p

Now I'm seriously considering petitioning for the ability to carry 2 DE's. Please don't kill me, Shakken. That applies to 2 M9s or 2 Five-seveNs. I haven't decided yet what I like the most, since the SoCom isn't in...

Ahem. Pistols rock.

Five-seveN incoming very very soon!

[L]-Damodred

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
I'm suprised to see the SIG so high I must say. The DE is kinda sucky compared to the M9 IMHO, but thats not to say its bad :)

Lolo Konijn

Huppel huppel
Jul 30, 2000
The Netherlands
For now the m3 is my favorite. In real CQB maps like siberia its my only weapon (w/ beretta). In semi CQB maps like Kazachstan I need a backup/ precisionshot weapon which is a scoped sig. And even in mid-range I like the shottie: just fire 3 shells rapidly and you will see the guy drop.(try it and you'll see it works better than expected)

I'm glad that aiming isn't a big problem for me. But I think I switch to the aksmu as soon as the new game modes are ready, so I can't shoot @ every moving thing anymore.

but for now: M3 all the way (although I really hate the ****ed up scoring system).

ArbSkynxnex

with co-conspirator, Kitty
Mar 11, 2001
If I'm in CQB odds are I'm gonna die anyways, so i just drop a nade, it gets everyone near me to 1) die 2) run like their asses are on fire and their heads are catching. I also use that few seconds of pure panic to get myself out of there and whip out the AKSMU to mop up. :)

*edit*
Actually, that is my favorite way because the only time I find CQB is when I have a nade in my hand. :(

Last edited:

Chow Yun-Fat

W3RD UP
Jan 20, 2001
man,

if the beretta m9 was a commercial breakfast product, my buddy Chow and John Woo would be on the front of the box holding a thumbs up. The m9 is sutable for all situations! I generally just use my M9 only load out. You run fast, (if you got a fast trigger finger) you shoot fast, and you take 'em down nice and easy with S T Y L E. Hells yeah! And if you want sommore guy-stoppers to pack a punch just squeeze off a shot and reload the mag for some hotloaded love. And if it ain't gunna cut it in the situation you be in, just run and grab an AK or MP5 or M16 off one of your fallin' hommies and mow them mean hombres down hella quickstyle. It's all about the pistols man. You cold be one of those by-the-book fellas who goes all SWAT style, but you gotta know that its a rewarding feeling to just charge headlong into the fire fight, bust some moves and take 'em down lick-idy-split with them beretta skills. You'd make all them Hong Kong Action stars proud you would. And if beretta's ain't your bag, you can go solid snake style before too long, or now James Bond swave with the p99 or Mokoto Katsunagi with the Five-seveN (and P90) (not quite the same with out the suboros but close enough). Or you could just be powermad and go with the DE for its JAAAAAAHHHHCCCKKED-ness. Yeah.. its all about the pistols and what your packen' at your side.