How do u make a beam of light?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ark-Eyes

Jan 3, 2000
members.tripod.com
I'm still a newbie at UnrealEd and I need some help. I'm making a level for a science project (yah don't laugh, it gets alot of marks in Grade 8). I've got the basics down but I was wondering, How would I make a beam of light from a window or something? And also is there a way I can switch the color of the fire in a torch?

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Try making a low-radius cylinder that stretches as far as it needs to go. Make it a semi-solid and all sides translucent. Rebuild and it should be fine.

As for the flame, you need to make a new animated texture. Read this for a starter... http://www.unrealed.net/edtutes/adv/advwater/

It's not exactly the fire tutorial (since they don't have one) but it's close enough and gives you the right idea. Afterwards you just need to change palette by rightclicking the flame=>Edit=>Textures=>Palette and choosing the proper palette in the palette.utx file. You could theoretically just copy and paste the genfire.utx file and use that as a base instead.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Can only do an all axes scale. You'ld be better off making a cube that fits the light/window better and making it a non-solid and using the a light fading texture in the FractalFX.utx package.