Barrel Melt & Aimpoint on pistols

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
A few suggestion to increase realism

I know that the team don't want weapons jams but I think that barrel melt would increase the realism drasticly. So the guy with the m249 would really appreciate his gun and the guy with the m4 will have harder time to control his full auto fire. That will prevent to have people who fire 3 STANAG in 2 minuts ...maybe barrel explosion too ? And it won't be luck/badluck ! ...What do you think ?

Yeah and adding weapon jam when your gun go in water would be great...maybe a new key to put your weapon over your head ...but the sidearm will be a problem ...but if its added, the mp5 Navy will have his (unique ?) advantage over the other weapons

last suggestion : what about having aimpoint on the pistols...I don't know if they are used by soldiers but I know that it exists ...

Last edited:

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
90 rounds in 2 minutes shouldn't be a problem, what i've read about barrel changes, you can fire about 250 rounds in one minute before having to change barrel, read it in a US field manual. Plus, read in Jane's Gun Recognition Guide that russian RPK gunners were trained to not fire more than 100 rounds in one minute, this way you didn't damage the barrel, because the RPK lacks quick change barrel.

I would love to be able to change barrel though, on the M249...

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
"that russian RPK gunners were trained to not fire more than 100 rounds in one minute"

It is why I want barrel melt...its to prevent people of firing over the good rate of fire.

BrownyMan

Poet, Gentleman, Infiltrator?
Mar 21, 2000
USA, NH
Visit site
the...

Desert Eagle for one could be equiped with an aimpoint
PG10LEUP.jpg

Leupold Gilmore Red Dot sight LG-35

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
Scope on a desert eagle? Very impractical in combat.

Besides, I don't see the point in having a scope on a pistol. Pistols are only accurate out to a short range compared with assault rifles and SMGs.

if you are going to shoot at those kinds of ranges, you don't use a pistol. And if you do use it, the bullet will be fairly inaccurate.

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
This mod isn't Elmer Keith's deer hunt or a racegun tourney. This mod is about COMBAT.

Scopes on sidearms bely their intended purpose: to provide easily accessible backup firepower when your primary becomes inaccessible.

Ease of access being the key function. The fundamental necessity of a sidearm is to be fast into the fight. Having a cumbersome scope hanging off the top of it does not facilitate that.

Finding a holster to acommodate such a weapon is a challenge in itself.

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
Shrapnl: As it is now, you cant carry enough ammo to make this a problem anyway :) But, i still wanna see this in later releases, to keep ppl from turning an AKMSU to some kind of support weapon.

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
Dr.Dase : Yeah I hope to see it in 3.0+

Gungirl : I don't like Desert Eagle anyway ...:)

ShakKen : I know that this mod is about combat ! I was just asking if they were used in military ! I am not a Cs n00b like you call them.

I just had this idea when I was watching Romeo & Juliett and when its begin, Tybalt has a "sword" 9mm and he put an aimpoint on it ...
But if its not used by the army I don't want it !

Last edited:

Ray_Wilson

Dec 8, 1999
Classified
Visit site
Nah

An aimpoint on a Desert Eagle would suck in this game because the sidearms are already lethal enough...in my hand hehe!

And what good would the barrel melting do?!
You wouldnt be able to carry that much ammo anyway to worry about the melting?

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
I was looking for an USMC report on the barrel cookoff that someone has posted a long time ago but I didn't find it ...sorry

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
->Shakken

You already answer my question in the old forum but i cannot remember your answer:

gi-elite.jpg

huit.jpg

What is the goal of using a long scoped gun + bipod ?

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
It's lighter then and at not too long ranges it get's the job done perfectly.

SO you could load a SG551, a standard side arm and keep the scoped pistol in a seperate compartment for if the occasion should arise when you need it. That way you won't be stuck with a acog in CQB.

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
DarkBls: In such circumstances, the weapon no longer functions as a sidearm.

Why GIGN have found a use for such a thing eludes me.

Unlike just about all other CT units, GIGN are not a solely military unit. So they probable have money to waste.

Streaks

Crunchings and munchings!
Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
melting?

Not sure what kind of firefights you've been in online bro but most of mine have been rather quick affairs with maybe one to two mag changes.

I can see it on the .50 perhaps but only after a lot of sustained fire.

as for the sidearms and scopes/dot sites. Well, I'd personally rather see the triton (if I remember that right) dot sites on pistols.

And what's WRONG with the desert eagle?!?! ; )

Streaks

Social Distortion

From the shodows come my bullets *splat*
Apr 12, 2001
San Francisco CA
Visit site
I agree no aimpoint on sidearmsdue to the fact that sidearms are carried in holsters, which usually have no room for their scopes, also if you jump in prone, roll etc.. doesnt the scope get in the way and the acuracy affected? but barrel melt is cool, when itr happpens the person missused his weapon and needs to pick one off the ground. After playing texas bank and those cats come down the stairs shoooting their ak full auto all the way down! the drum may then not be everyones favorite.

CAVERNA2K

Look, a fliing something!!!!!
Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
DarkBls: haahhaha, that´s what i´m talkin´bout!!!

-> but , as someone said, GIGNs are special Ops ppl. They will not fight 6 months in a jugle: they´ll break in, kill everyone, then get out. In special operation 1 shot will be the decisive shot always. Think before saing "no, it isn´t, Cave,u´re wrong." If u don´t have a PSG1, allright, get your 357, scope it, place it firmly somewhere and get goin. In army, Snipers are not only soldiers with a scoped gun: they are(well, u know it: half spies, half serial killers).

that´s it

BTW: just saw a movie that the girl fires a REVOLVER with supressor, HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
sorry, can´t remmember the name of that crap...

Pleuresaap

Corporal Cock
Apr 18, 2001
up yours
Visit site
quote:
-> but , as someone said, GIGNs are special Ops ppl. They will not fight 6 months in a jugle: they´ll break in, kill everyone, then get out. In special operation 1 shot will be the decisive shot always. Think before saing "no, it isn´t, Cave,u´re wrong." If u don´t have a PSG1, allright, get your 357, scope it, place it firmly somewhere and get goin. In army, Snipers are not only soldiers with a scoped gun: they are(well, u know it: half spies, half serial killers).

It seems that for (nearly) everyone on this forum
Special Operation means: black guys with mp5's and flashbangs going in to flush some terrorists and be back home in 5 minutes. That is called Counter Terrorism.
Special Operations or unconventionel warfare can just be 8 men clearing a village in sicily (infiltration anyone?)
Or specops troops may be in the jungle for 6 months doing recon and assaulting bases. I've posted something like this on another tread but i'll post it again:
Inflitration is not about regular army for the following reasons:

1-the name: regular army doesn't do covert infiltrations
2-regular army doesn't have(use):
-mp5 in any form
-only sometimes a pistol (wich they mostly can't use correctly)
-G11
-G36C
-flashbangs
-kbar
-benelli shotgun
-robar
-psg1
-black, grey and urban uniforms
-M4(A1)
-mk23 socom
-walther p99
-remington 870
-FN P90
-SIG SWAT (regular army use sig551 not 551 SWAT) yes there is a difference
-HK69

i'm wondering who started saying inf is a regular army simulation and why. If it was the inf team i propose you either change the name, throw all weapons out the army doesn't use, don't let the player choose weapons but a class: grenadier, rifleman etc, make open spaces etc. in that case i'll be leaving inf and wait for another specops sim Or the solution i prefer: everyone that want inf to be about regular army: either wake up and stop bitching or go play operation flashpoint.

You'll probably see me at flashpoint because i also like a regular army sim but i just want infiltration to stay the ultra realistic specops sim i like and have been waiting for since R6.