What would cause menus to be transparent and

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Socio

Apr 22, 2001
Visit site
What would cause menus to be transparent and the mouse cursor to disappear?

I was playing UT-CTF with bots yesterday trying to see how many I could spawn in a game. Anyway I stopped and quit the game, a couple hours later I started the game again but now some of the menus are transparent and the cursor will disappear.

I restarted UT in safe mode and it worked fine, I checked my video settings, they are as they should be.

What could I have accidently changed that would cause this anomaly?

DIGITRON

a few digits shy
May 3, 2000
IOWA
Visit site
I HAD THIS PROb a while back and just recently got it again after i had to reformat. i found the answer i was looking for here so i thought i would look again. i think it had to do with the detonator drivers or something. ill keep looking.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
That happens with some TNT card and the 4.36 patch.
If that is what you have you shall use an alternate d3d renderer for UT.
You can grab it from here

DIGITRON

a few digits shy
May 3, 2000
IOWA
Visit site
thanks swedix i was looking for that link.

it fixed my prob. all it does is loads a file named d3ddr432.dll into your UT/system dir

viola