Total Domination

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Teek

Apr 27, 2001
Newcastle
Visit site
Please. Someone out there must be able to help me...
My friends and I have all in the past played a MOD for UT called something like 'Total Domination'

Im not 100% sure that this is the name, but it is something close to that...

The basic premise behind the MOD is that you play a Domination map. Except there is no score limit. The game just goes forever, until one team controls ALL control points on the map. It adds more of a defence tactic to the game, and you do see opposing teams often working together, especcially when one team controls all but one control point... :) I assure you that this is one of the MODs you can have the most fun with.

If anyone has ANY idea where I might be able to find Total Dom again, I would be most grateful, as I said before - it is AWSOME to play.

You can write back here to give everyone reading a chance to play it, or alternatively EMail me:
cammleslie@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
I think that the name of the mod that you're looking for is Dominator. You can get it at ModSquad. Just to be sure, I'll describe Dominator just a little.

The object of the game is to capture all the control points on the map to score a point (or two or three, however many you choose). The problem? You can't capture a control point just by touching it. A flag spawns somewhere in the map, and you can only take a control point by touching it while you are holding the flag. Obviously, you have to first get the flag, then start turning control points on the map while you have the flag. Once all the CP's are controlled by your team, you score a point, the flag respawns, and all the CP's turn neutral again.

As far as no score limit goes, you can simulate that just by setting Score Limit: 0, in the Rules tab of a game.

If this isn't what you mean, I am sorry, but it is the closest thing that I can think of.

barfretchpuke

Dec 20, 1999
Visit site
I made Dominator and I made TotalDomination. Although I never publicly released TotalDomination.
TotalDomination merely changes the scoring rules for Domination. Essenitally, you can configure it so that a team has to hold ALL or a MAJORITY of the control points in order to start accumulating points.

I made two version: a mutator that just changes the scoring and a new gametype that had some other changes like different bot AI and I got rid of that annoying 'bug' where the person who last touched a CP (instead of the person who 'captured' it) got the points for it.

I will attach the file to this thread in a little while.

rhakka

a.k.a. Zeus, ruler o' the universe
May 6, 2000
portland,ME,USA
www.teamplay.net
I don't see that as a better way to do that scoring, otherwise you can tele through, tag a point and rest assured that you have all the points from it. Domination is about defending points, not just playing tag.
whoever is standing there defending it should get the points. Having to let an enemy run over it to start scoring is a bit silly and counter productive to the game as well. Blame the server admins that put too many people in DOM levels for the push matches with cp stealers.

what might work is only given personal points for frags near cps, not "cp ticks" for personal points. That is a better indicator of what you are doing for the team IMO.

[Venom]_Gooner

Oct 22, 2000
www.mcmadsen.dk
Originally posted by rhakka

whoever is standing there defending it should get the points.

I totally agree with that Rhakka, dom is about keeping the cps so the guy who is actually putting effort into keeping it his own team's colour should get the points.

Generally though I think it's only an issue in the pubs. When it comes to clanwars, nobody point steals.