Maps with Bow/Crossbows?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Todddster

Apr 24, 2001
High Priced CA
Visit site
My friend has UT GOTY and has some cool maps with bows/crossbows. My UT doesn't have these. Are these maps stand alone or are they included in some bonus pack or patch? I believe one of the maps is named Weapons of Chaos.

Thanks

todddster

AgentQ

Apr 15, 2001
Visit site
Yeah, I have the GOTY edition and it comes with 2 CD's. The first is UT, and the second is a crapload of mods. The crossbow is from the Chaos mod. There is the Bow with 3 kinds of arrows. Regular, poison, and explosive. There is also a bastard sword as a mele weapon, another sniper riffle that is pretty tech, and some other stuff. It's a sweet mod, and you should definately download it.

AgentQ

Apr 15, 2001
Visit site
Oh yeah, there are also proxy bombs that chase the enemy, the claw (mele/proxy launcher), and a vortex that pulls anything near it into it imediately destroying it.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
chaos ut as in .. chaos for quake2? :)
man i loved playing that mod .. also comes with a sword :)
And yep, those proxy bombs that chase you are quite irritating, yet hilarious!
That vortex that sucked everyone in, that was my favourite.

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
Yeah, the Vortex rules. Too bad they didn't play with that in CTF, that would really put a twist on things instead of the redeemer.

The sniper rifles are sweet to, good stuff. It'd be cool if they had those in regular UT.

-I_AM

R.Flagg

Feb 15, 2000
Visit site
ChaosUT Crossbow Arena

Sir, with the quietly released ChaosUT Crossbow Arena mutator , any standard UT map is a crossbow map. :)

There is an option to make the 3 ammo types for it rotate, also an option for explosive ammo only, my personal favorite. Try this with an open type map, CTF-Inside][ for example, and low gravity. This, and the grapple of course, I find quite fun.

Also, to the other guy, I'm confused by your statement. If you are playing ChaosUT, the vortex is in fact included in CTF, and every other gametype.

By default, the Chaos weapons rotate with the regular UT weapons. The vortex rotates with the redeemer, as does the turret launcher.

There is an option in the Chaos config, under the mod menu, to have Chaos weapons replace certain UT weapons, instead of cycling with them. In this case, no redeemer will come up.

An exception to these rules would be a map made specifically for Chaos. In this case, the mapper has control over which item to put where, and whether or not it will rotate with anything.

They have been kinda quiet for awhile, but there is a new version for Chaos coming soon. One big fix I know of is for the sword. It works a lot better, is much deadlier, and will no longer cause bots to get stuck.

Glad somebody else out there likes this mod, I love it. Now how about joining me online sometime? ;-)

MadHouse DeathMatch : 209.213.76.195 :7777

MadHouse Capture the Flag : 209.213.76.194 :7777

Not up 24/7, but pretty close to it.

AgentQ

Apr 15, 2001
Visit site
How do you bring up a server by it's IP? I want to play with friends like I can on CS, but it's really hard on UT because i don't know how to just give or get an IP and find the server like that.

R.Flagg

Feb 15, 2000
Visit site
Piece of cake.

Start UT, hit "Multiplayer", then hit "Open Location",

Type in the servers IP # to get in the game.

Or, click on "Find Internet Games", and then click on the "Favorites" tab.

Then, right click up in the top area there, where the servers are listed, then select "New Favorite", and use the IP #'s to add them.

They will then be listed in your favorites, and you can refresh them to see who's playing.

I'll be on MadHouse DM soon.