Why does it Always CRASH?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rainecloud

Voiceshrine Manager
Hello! I'm hoping an expert can help me out here.

I play UT with the crappy "Software Rendering" Card, and it sucks. Whenever I try to Use Direct 3D support, It crashes during the game. THe visuals are exellent, and it doesnt crash at a certain point...just whenever it feels like it. It does it on all detain and colour settings...

I have a 1000mhz pc with 20 gigabytes of space, a NVIDIA Tnt 2 pro 32 bit graphics card and Windows ME.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Please help me! :)

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Which drivers do you use for your card?
And which version on Direct X do you have?
Also, do a search in this forum. I know the topics has been up before on TNT 2 cards

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
Do you have Direct X installed? You should have at least version 7 of Direct X.
If you start UT in safe mode and chose to change video drivers, does UT recognize your video card?

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
That sounds weird.
My suggestion is that you do as follows:

Go to 3D chipset and download a new ref. driver. I suggest to d/l 6.50. It should work with your card.

Uninstall the previous driver. Do that by changing your videocards driver to a Standard PCI - card. Reboot your system.
Start regedit, search for nvidia and delete all keys and data with nvidia. Be careful when you change your registry. You can't undo a change.

Install the new ref. driver. Reboot.
Install Direct X again. Use the same version you allready have installed. You can't install an older one.

Start UT in safe mod and try if it recognize your card.

Come back and tell me how it goes.

Rainecloud

Voiceshrine Manager
Whoa! You are a UT god! Thanks for all your help, It's running twice as fast, in Direct 3D on high detail without crashing! Thanks a lot man! I didn't think that was possible with an Nvidia card, being the average producer that it is.

Must've been the driver download and direct X 8 reinstall that did it. Cheers!

Decomp

Mu hah hah hah!!
Apr 23, 2001
Ontario, Canada
www.geocities.com
Actually, I have almost the same computer as you.

Want to know something cool about the TNT 2?

Good!

You can run UT with OpenGL veeeerry nicely. Just make sure you have the newest OpenGL drivers.

You should see the graphics in OpenGL, better than any of the other renderers by far. It's like comparing Doom to Serious Sam, the difference is astounding.