ATI Mobility

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

teckrid

Feb 15, 2000
Visit site
I am having trouble with Unreal Tournament. I don't really expect any solutions to my problems, i am just intersted in finding out if any one is experiecing or has experienced the same problem. I have a P3 450 (Coppermine) 64MB 8MB ATI Mobility Card. When playing unreal i experience a general game slowdown even at the lowest graphic settings. In normail cases people would tell me what would i expect from a laptop, but Quake 3 runs perfectly yes perfectly. So i can only guess that the problem is with unreal and my card specifically and not a general problem. Has any experienced this probelm.

(This is a dumb question but how the hell do u get UT into fullscreen?)

evildave

Feb 16, 2000
Visit site
is this an ati graphics card????

i have a rage pro and had the same prob untill i updated the drivers

but all my text is blacked out and i can only change settings in s\w mode

go into your unreal\system dir and open up unrealtournament.ini
all options are controlled through this file

;-)

Haze

Nov 7, 2000
Visit site
I gotta Compaq E500 with a Rage Mobility, I got UT and SOF to work great by using Xpert 98' drivers. GLSetup.exe installed the Xpert98' drivers, so it might be worth giving it a whirl.

HAZE

booger

Oct 25, 2000
CA
Visit site
i have a celeron 500 and ati rage lt pro on a notebook (with a huge screen). i use the special purpose (unsupported) drivers avail. from ati. this gives me a pretty excellent view with hardware on hi res sets and a good gameplay on low res (ut calls it standard). open gl sucks rocks with these drivers but d3d is great. well sometimes i get some funny textures but i can almost always tweek them out. ati says to always use the drivers from the resellers, especially with mobility. i should point out that ati dvd player does NOT like the special purpose drivers. so i would suggest this to evil dave for d3d for visibility. for mobility i would have to go along with haze as i have not had occaision to try this you can always go back (just remember to set your drivers to a default card before you install your old drivers, unless you use glsetup as this creates a backup). i shouldnt really be able to play the hardware game with this old card so all this is bonus for me.

teckrid - q3 is designed to run on opengl ut is des. to run on what is good for you. after you hit esc you get what looks like a regular window (framed) in the top right corner is a windowed/fullscreen button.