errrr ummm strange problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hagasan

blah blah blah
Apr 22, 2001
new bedford ma. usa
Visit site
Everytime i try to install a map for ut,first strike,infiltration etc my int file shows up as klingon honor gaurd wtf i can't play any maps i download.I downloaded a demo of the game and it's still hauntig me.playing online can be a pain i have to download new maps while everybody else is playing.any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:

Deathwing

Raucous Rodentia
Mar 15, 2000
Canada
You downloaded a demo of UT? Well if you only have the demo, than that's your problem. You can't install maps or mods into the demo.

If you have the full version, and everything you try to install defaults to Klingon Honour Guard, get rid of Kingon Honour Guard. ;)

But any maps you download for UT don't need installing. You just put them into the UT directory.

hagasan

blah blah blah
Apr 22, 2001
new bedford ma. usa
Visit site
let me clarify
i own ut g.o.t.y and when i unzip the files the utx is correct and shows a little ut icon and the int file has a klingon guard icon.i uninstalled k.h.g. then i searched my hard drive for any left over files,there were none.

Deathwing

Raucous Rodentia
Mar 15, 2000
Canada
It won't matter if there's a KHG icon on the int files. Just stick them into your UT/system directory, and it'll work fine.

Blue

just another crayon in the box
Apr 20, 2001
en.wikipedia.org
The registry setting which tells your computer to use which icon for certain types of files is still set for KHG, which used the Unreal engine.

As Deathwing mentioned, the icon shouldn't affect the game, and it should work fine.

If not, come back and let us know, and we'll figure out how to remove that registry setting.