water textures question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CousCous

Hysteric
Mar 20, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
Hey how do you make a non-rippling, non-moving water texture from gen-fluid, ripple and move? I need a specific one that is non-moving. I can U-pan or V-pan it, but it doesn't look that good. Any help?

Hey and another question. If you scale textures way down, say like .25 or such, does that eat up any more of the computer's resources than if it was just a normal 1.0 texture?

Thanx

cool breeze

Yea, thats really me!
For gen fluid textures I`ve used Small Wavy/ High Shadow Detail.
However, Liquids UTX. has all the rippling water you could want. Add in some ambiant sounds and your good to go.
As far as I know, changing tex. size wont make a differance.

CousCous

Hysteric
Mar 20, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
There's two textures in genfluids that I need to use: one for running water and one for a pool of water. Ya see I have these small streams of water running into a pool. The two textures are perfect, they are the same exact color (one just looks like its running), but they're aren't any textures in liquids.utx that match my running water texture from genfluid. It would kinda silly for light green water to be running into a pool of light blue water. I just wanna make the texture I already have ripple a little, but if I'm screwed then I'll do the small wavy/V-pan thing. Thanks anyways Breeze, as always.:)

LP

*wants to be your friend*
Mar 2, 2001
Ireland
www.mvpb.net
just make a new version of the texture u want, adding effects etc. and save it in MyLevel directory (dont edit the original !!)

Slick_Willy

Anyone Else Want Some?
Some of the GenFluid textures have been used to make Wet Textures in the Fluids.UTX file so look there. Actually the Fluids UTX files is just an effect file that references the textures in GenFluid. You will see this by looking at the texture properties in the Fluids Textures. You can however make any texture Wet by creating a new Wet Texture and embedding in the MyLevel Package. See link below for instructions:

http://www.planetunreal.com/slick/wet_textures.htm