Start a single map HOW CAN I DO IT ??????????????

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NOBRAIN

when fear is a drug
Apr 18, 2001
Montreal Canada
Visit site
Nobody is capable to help me ?? everybody writes with personnal toughs on the subject. come on you big UNREAL stars give me a hand here...how can we start a single map When i start it says CANNOT FIND UNREAL PACKAGES !!! WHY ????Do i need a patch...if so whitch patch ?

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
First of all, lets just assume your name has anything to do with it ;)..
If you want to start a single player map in Unreal, for example "Tashara1.unr", fire up unreal. While you see the flyby, press the tab-key. Type: 'open Tashara1.unr' [enter] and the map will load. Be sure you put all the files in the correct directories, the .umx files in the music directory, the .uax files in the sounds directory, the .unr files in the maps directory and the .u files in the system directory (of unreal of course). Incase there are more files, but them in the system directory as well (most of the times, that's were those files are supposed to be).

Another way to directly start a map is by double clicking on it. That's the easy way. As long as you put all the files in the correct directory, it should work.

One more thing, the map-pack Legacy wasn't made for Unreal, but UnrealTournament. Incase you didn't knew that. There are a few other UnrealTournament single player maps out there, be sure not to mix them up for regular Unreal maps.

NOBRAIN

when fear is a drug
Apr 18, 2001
Montreal Canada
Visit site
LOADING MAPS ...READ CREATOR...

Thanks for taking the time to reply ...what you said is right...but not 100% !! i've done exactly what you said cause i know how it goes having played many maps from other games...the only thing that was missing was patch 226 ...that's is all i got it all right now...the only thing i need to know now is how to change the skills you know ... normal easy hard ...if you know tell me bye bye

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
The skill is a parameter on the command expressed as a whole number from 0 (Easy) to 3 (Unreal).

For example:
open tashara1.unr?difficulty=2 to start map Tashara1 on Hard skill.

creatoR: I am flattered by your choice of example ;p