PDA

View Full Version : Disabling smoke for rockets

First_Man_Out
18th Apr 2001, 08:31 AM
This is my first posting...so here I go.

Is there some way to disable the smoke trail that is left after the rockets have been launched? Sometimes it gets so thick you cannot see a thing. I think disabling this feature would definitely help in game play.

I have been reading the forum for a few weeks...lots of good info... keep up the good work.

First_Man_Out

B
18th Apr 2001, 09:31 AM
If u've been reading a few weeks how could u have missed this: No Smoke Thread (http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40315)
:)

MagicDizk
18th Apr 2001, 10:44 AM
Try setting your DetailTextures=True to False this will cut down on the amount of smoke and mingun ammo that you see.

Magic

SamD
18th Apr 2001, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by MagicDizk|PuF
Try setting your DetailTextures=True to False this will cut down on the amount of smoke and mingun ammo that you see.

there's a client-side mutator called liltweaker by usaar33, which among many other things is able to make ONLY your smoke low-detail, while keeping everything else high-detail. I know it helps my fps a lot.. It's available at http://www.unreality.org/usaar33/main.html

{WAC}DJ JaKe
18th Apr 2001, 07:24 PM
Stricly for perfomance purposes, if i were to use that no smoke mod, would i be booked by CSHP?

{WAC}DJ JaKe
18th Apr 2001, 07:25 PM
Strictly for performance purposes, if i were to use that no smoke mod, would i be booked by CSHP?

usaar33
18th Apr 2001, 10:25 PM
nosmoke 3 (don't bother finding it, I don't think anyone but Sin, me and a few others) is only stopped by 4n. The one on modsquad is stopped under most CSHP versions. (just will give a warning).

Little tweaker will not be flagged at all, EXCEPT 4N (no servers run this) if mini shellcases selected to be off. All options (including sprite smoke) are perfectly legal.

You-Suk|BuF
19th Apr 2001, 05:24 AM
does diabling the smoke thingy, improve
my frame rate ????

Pope
19th Apr 2001, 07:10 AM
Yes, lowering smoke detail does improve your fps. If you have fps problems and wish to play better rather than watch the scenery, lower detail as much as you can.