Having problems with Stealth III video card...HELP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kiflen

Feb 9, 2000
Visit site
I purchased a new Stealth III S540 video card...installed it....Unreal has been locking up during movie every time....downloaded new patches for both the game and video card....downloaded DirectX 7.0....currently have an AMD-K6...with 300 megahertz...Assus or Azzus SP397-V motherboard....currently running with 64MB of RAM....have 220MB hard-drive space left...have tried everyhing...PLEASE HELP...

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Is that a Savage card? If so make sure you are running the s3 metal drivers. If it isnt are you running d3d or openGL? Just try switching to a different renderer and prays it works hehe.

[This message has been edited by L_S @ OCC (edited 02-10-2000).]

I have the Stealth II S540 as well and I have had lockups with it on two 3 different machine (PIII/733, PIII/600, PII/333). It seems that there are some issues with it, I have not pursued it further becasue the card also has compatibilty issues with Hauuppauge TV card (So I switched to Riva TnT Ultra that came with my system). There is a website that has the "Most Current" drivers - http://s3.nextmill.com there are newer drivers than even diamandmm has. If these work for you please let me know - Thanks PsychoDad@FragUSA.com

bullet2.gif

DeeVee9

Feb 4, 2000
Visit site
I also have a similar system to Kiflin's. I have a DS3, and it really isn't doing so well running UT. The best way for you guys to run the game is on Direct 3d, with 640x480 resolution, medium world/skin textures, and low sound quality. These are the settings that worked best on my comp. Hope it works the same for you. S3 runs well on my comp, but freezes after 10 minutes or so, so don't bother with that. Everyone on the forum has trouble with that. Good luck.