Weird crash in installer for G.O.T.Y.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TDT Lucifer

Apr 17, 2001
Visit site
Well, heres the problem.

When i'm trying to install UT, it gets to about 20 percent, then says " You have unplugged the CD drive." or something like that. It also says " you have unsafely disconnected your CD drive". I go to control panel, and it says that its working properly. I have all the latest drivers, and I'm running Windows 2000 on a 600MHz P3 with 128MB RAM and a Voodoo3. Please help.

If your having the problem where the game locks up when you start, do a search on drive C for files with the name A3D. Delete A3D.dll and A3Dapi.dll if you find them. It should work fine

Taker

UT Junkie
I was having problems with my DVD/CDROM until I opened it up and cleaned everything inside.This fixed the problem of not copying files correctly and DVD's crashing.I know that it's just a matter of time before I will have to replace my DVD/CDROM.
One thing I do not understand is what deleting the A3d.dll files from the hard drive has to do with UT crashing on startup.Would you mind enlighting me as to how and why you came to that conclusion?And do you know what the A3d.dll files are for?I am a UT JUNKIE and thirst for all the information I can get, provided it's legit info.
Thanks.
:D

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
I apologize for the semi-spamming,but good to see you Taker!thought you fell off the earth for awile :)

TDT Lucifer

Apr 17, 2001
Visit site
UT

the A3D files make your PC think it has a A3D related sound card, and if it doesn't, its the black screen of death at the beginning of UT. I'll try cleaning out my CD drive.

Taker

UT Junkie
Originally posted by ZenPirate
I apologize for the semi-spamming,but good to see you Taker!thought you fell off the earth for awile :)
Thanks ZenPirate.
I have been out of action for the last couple of months with Corpal Tunnel.Been tough not being able to play and get my daily UT fix.
TDT Lucifer:
What type of sound card do you have?
Are you having any other problems with your system?Maybe G.O.T.Y has something different in it than the copy I have.I did get it 2 days after it was first realeased.Since I have never heard of deleting those files and have never had delete them myself in the past,I think I'll look into it a bit more.
Thanks
:D

Last edited: