probs with direct3d

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[AWC]Ragnarok

Anti-Westlife Campaigner
Apr 16, 2001
England
antiwc.homestead.com
ok, i've been trying to get UT working with D3D, but even though the graphics and detail is soooo much sharper than with software renderer, it starts the game in a window, not fullscreen. i cant find a way to get it fullscreen and if i put my resolution up the game view disappears off the bottom of the window. i can just about see the weapon bar on my HUD on 800x600 res.
i am currently using an oldish card, the ATI Rage Pro Turbo AGP 2X. i had to use software rendering b4 but i got some newer drivers and it handles UT ok.
at present i am using software renderer with everything set on high which isnt too bad, but i hope someone can help me get D3D working on fullsceen.

apesgrapes

ambidextrous
Mar 19, 2001
gaia
apesgrapes.da.ru
open up the unrealtounament.ini file in your ut/system folder [double click it & it opens in notepad]

scroll down to the section headed:
[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]

under that somewhere will be a line:
UseFullscreen=False

change false to true.

Etosch

Jun 9, 2001
Lower Sachsony
www.leyk.de
I have the same problem.

Usefullscreen=true doesn't work. System is 700athlon, 256ram, tnt2 ultra 32mb, os: win2k

800x600 is highest selectable resolution and everytime windowed mode