I see dead people! (in UT ;))

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Lately it happens to me on a lot of servers that I run into an annoying bug: The people on the server are not animated. They just slide over the ground. And when they die, they don't disappear or fall to the ground. The dead corpse stands upright, so very often you take him for a living opponent and waste your ammo on him.

Very annoying! :mad:

I heard it has to do with an incompatibility between the textures from the 2nd CD and the Linux server-only version of UT. Is that right? I installed the 2nd CD textures some time ago, but when I heard that this might be be causing the bug I overwrote them with the original textures again, but this didn't fix the bug.

Does anybody know for sure what causes the bug and how to fix it?

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
No it's caused by the Hi Res textures. If you have them installed, uninstall them cos you'll see that on servers that do not have them running. However if a server is running them and you don't have them the same effect is repeated.
I'm 100% about the firs case as I experienced that but the second scenario I'm guessing.

mileena

bOingee
May 1, 2000
yep, this happened to me after i installed the textures from the 2nd cd. a fresh reinstall without them fixed the problem.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Actually what's easier is just to copy all the textures from CD1 into the textures folder on your HD.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
I tried copying them over, but in the end I just did a fresh re-install without cd2 and that fixed it.

I've installed two versions of UT on my computer. One with and one without the 2nd cd and the compressed textures. If compressed doesn't work, I start up the non-compressed version.

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
I'm assuming your talking about the standard models and skins but some of the custom models will do this too. You either live with it or don't use the model. Just thought I'd mention this since I'd hate to see someone reinstall just because their custom model didn't die right... :)