PDA

View Full Version : UT Game Server through WinProxy (Proxy Software)..

[SVT]Donny Brasco
24th Apr 2000, 11:53 AM
I have WinProxy that shares a cable modem to another computer. The way it works is that there are 2 network cards physicaly in the WinProxy machine which means that it also has 2 IP addresses. One of the IP's is the external (cable modem) and the other one is the internal (which attaches to my lan). I have it set up with default settings which includes a firewall. I have figured out how to play games and everything through it (from client machines) and it works great, the only problem that I am having now is the fact that I can not run a game server off of my client machines. It talks to the master servers just fine and says that it is all connected and ready to go, but for some reason nobody connects, even after days of leaving a dedicated server on. I think that it might have something to do with the fact that there is a firewall (which when I turn it off, it doesn't do anything different at all) or since the PC that is actualy running the game server has an IP that only will regester through my internal lan. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas on how to run a game server through this kind of setup. Thanx.

Azmo
24th Apr 2000, 12:47 PM
Look here (http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~unreal/ubb/html/Forum5/HTML/001603.html).

[SVT]Donny Brasco
24th Apr 2000, 01:31 PM
Thank you for that reply, it sounds like everything that I ask about with this type of topic leads to mapping ports. I am not familiar AT ALL with this, so do YOU or anyone out there or is there some forum where I can learn about this or find out EXACTLY what ports to map and/or how to do this? Thanx again, please let me know.