How do I make and alter light coroners???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Claymore

The Flying Dutchman
Dec 24, 1999
Utreg, Holland
www.xs4all.nl
The fact that they're too big is probably because of the distance at which you look at them.
They're constantly the sort of the same size, resulting in looking big from afar, and small from close up.

I guess you should only use them in "not too big" areas. maybe there's a way to get this working on great distances too, but I don't know it.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
1 "Like deer in front of headlights" corona
Ingrediants:

1 Light
1 Texture (preferably a lensflare texture)

Light properties:
Display=Drawscale=[set this to adjust the size of the corona, I tend to keep mine from 0.3 to 0.1]
Display=>Skin=[use a lensflare texture here]
LightColor=>[These should be identical to the light it's matching, keep the brightness at 0 to keep it from altering the surrounding lighting, I keep my real lights and coronas seperated by doing this]
Lighting=>bCorona=True
Lighting=>LightRadius=[effects how far in the distance you can see it]

Finally, rebuild to see it.

C

CreepingDeath

I have used coroners in my levels but have had to import them from other levels. I have tried making a light with identicle settings to the one that works, but it just wont work when I create my own. Why is this?
Also in my last level, I altered the size of the coroner by changing the 'scale glow'. On my current level, I have tried everything to change the size of the coroners I have copied from another level, but they always come out the same size (far too big). I even copied a tiny one from another level, and that came out big too!?
HELP!!!

C

CreepingDeath

Thanks loads.
Didn't know about the drawscale bit.
Also I have tried making a light, making it a coroner, giving it a skin etc, and it doesn't work. Is there something else I should be doing that maybe you forgot about?

C

CreepingDeath

Thanks loads Wanderer.
Didn't know about the drawscale bit.
Also I have tried making a light, making it a bCoroner, giving it a skin etc, and it doesn't work. Is there something else I should be doing that maybe you forgot about?

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
A corona is the little light effect that sort of looks like a glare from the light. Look at some types of real lights while at night from a distance. The glare effect is a corona. To make one just follow the instructions I posted in this thread.