acid/slime

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ted

Apr 3, 2000
Visit site
I've pretty much completed my first level except...I have a wide open lower level that is filled with green slime/acid (about the size of a football field) (nice rippling effect.) Game play is choppy down there and I'm thinking it's because of the acid, I have about 50 total brushes down there so I didn't think it was the reason. Any ideas if this is probably the problem? If so, is there anything I can do to fix it without losing the acid (I really like it.)

Captain Gillette

Nov 11, 1999
www.mp3.com
It's probably not so much the acid itself as it is the size of the empty area... when you have a huge open space in the player's view, the computer is trying to render all the polygons way off in the distance, which is more than if it was just trying to compose a few in the near field view.

Your best bet is to either put some walls into your pool to shorten the field of view a bit, or maybe just make the area kill faster so people aren't hanging around in the slime long enough to notice /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Cap'n G.

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
C.G. is right, has to be the wide open space. Try to limit yourself at doing them, even if there aren't many brushes inside.

bullet2.gif

Jenkins

Ted

Apr 3, 2000
Visit site
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I had thought it was the liquid because it didn't chop before I'd added it. You guys have been a great help.