Illegal Aiming Device

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Semper Fidelis

Apr 10, 2001
Visit site
What the heck is that? A scope on my mouse? I was playing on-line for the first time, and was booted from the server for this reason several times. What gives? It did not happen on any of the others< I tried last nite. I was playing Project X on the server, that was all the server ran. It is a CTF map, and I was kickin it up BIG time. I made three captures and about four trys, and the losers booted me. Will someone tell me what this is. Thanks! Take NO prisoners!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Were you booted by an admin or by CHSP?
You're talking about an aimbot which is basically a cheat that auto aims for you. Very Lame. Sometimes people go overboard when getting owned and accuse players of using an aimbot. If you were kicked by the server admin then it's pretty lame, unless you were using the aimbot.
If you were kicked by CSHP then you probably had a mod installed or the server had one of the buggier versions of CSHP installed.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
cshp.jpg

_Zd_Ringi_

Rorschach alike
Sep 14, 2000
De Achterhoek
yeah, I had it too. Was kicked by one server which told me I had an illegal aiming device. No problems on all other CSHP servers.
Dunno the version anymore. It showed up after I installed Frag*Ball.
A nice mod anyway. Lots of fun.

--

"Praise the Lord and pass the amunition" and the f****n fragball too plz.

apesgrapes

ambidextrous
Mar 19, 2001
gaia
apesgrapes.da.ru
got kicked from a server running cshp4j a couple of weeks ago, no mods installed, just the bonus packs & a few skins.

strange tho, been back in with no probs.

cshp seems to have a few bugs, but i'd rather get the infrequent bug than have servers full of aimbot pussies.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
CHSPC-L are bugged.

It even recognized Warboss as rogue actor but didn't kick me. The CHSP teams say they are working on it, tho I don't really believe it

Semper Fidelis

Apr 10, 2001
Visit site
Aimbots

I never knew there was anything like that. I was useing the left and right mouse buttons for firing my weapons. It does not bother me, if someone is better than me. This is the way life is. I guess that some people cannot handle getting their butt kick in a game. I ONLY thing that I use, is what's called Combat Tactics. That is what I learn in the Marines! I do not know if I was booted by the Admin. or CHSP, but I did not have any trouble playing on any of the other servers that I was on. Just that one.

Semper Fi, Do or Die!!!!!!!!!!