bounding box

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MeTHicAL

Mar 5, 2001
alberta
members.nbci.com
Well, I dunno. I seem to remember reading about this somewhere on my travails. It is an invisible force field that acts like a solid brush, meaning it will block player movement and stuff, and you put it around decorative objects like window panes and trees and shrubs. (and stuff)

This way, if you make stuff out of sheets or any other object that wouldn't block the player from moving into it, it will then become an interactive element so the player can't for example, walk through a tree like it wasn't even there.

ZodiaK

irresponsible walrus
Feb 14, 2000
onboard The Mothership
ameba.lpt.fi
ok, it's the Invisible Collision Hull you're talking about. Basically, it's just an invisible cube. They're simply created by shaping your brush the way you want it, and then adding it in the world from the add special... popup in the edit menu - there's a preset setting for it so you don't really need to set it up yourself.

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
decorations (such as the trees) and all actors already have built-in collision hulls.Go to the actor properties,and go to the 'collision' tab to customize it.
It can only take the shape of a standing cylinder but it saves you from adding a brush in your geometry.