Question/suggestion about crouching and accuracy...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fen Phen

The Napper
Oct 28, 2000
How does crouching currently affect accuracy?

I agree with the SWAT 3 philosophy that a person moving around in crouched mode is much more unstable than a standing person. However, if the crouched person is in a position with say, one knee planted on the ground, then they would be more stable than a standing person.

The reason a crouched-but-moving person is more unstable is because your legs are not designed to shuffle around like that and it creates a more unstable bob than if you're walking around upright.

Aug 12, 2000
Switzerland
I agree. I believe this has come up before in connection with recoil: Firing from a immobile crouched position should have less recoil (or more accuracy, if you prefer) than firing standing upright and firing crouched but on the move.

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
i think in addition it would be cool if when you got close enough to a wall you could brace your gun against it to help steady your aim.