UT with Geforce2 MX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
well

i'm on a geforce2 mx too, ut runs fine for me.
I'm still on the retail drivers, don't know why, should switch to the detonator drivers. BUt it runs fine for me now.
I'm getting a steady 60 fps at that resolution, with world detail (in your options, preferences, video) set high and when set to medium almost 70 fps, and FSAA disabled. (makes things look pretties :) but it's a memory hog).

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
I second NeoNite, I have the geforce2 mx, and it runs silky smooth, usually around 60 capping out around 90 in some maps.

You might need to clean your machine, and UT is also a processor user, so if you've got a slow processor that might be your issue.

For all we know you've got a 160mhz chip, and 32 megs or ram.

List your system reqs and see if that helps, or do a search in PuF for the Geforce2 mx...I just did and there were a ton of posts which might help you out!

Good luck!

-I_AM

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
ram

In the utfaq i've read that ut runs fine, perfect, with 196 ram. (and afcourse a decent processor and vc :)
128 wasn't bad mind you. But i'm on 256 now and i "feel the difference".
Those sys reqs on the ut box are way too low.. it's an outrage i tells ya! :)
(btw check the sys reqs for unreal 1.. same thing. Too low). Unreal on 32 ram??? :( not recommendable.

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
I have a GF2 MX, 256 MB ram, 800 mhz Intel, and the Detonator3 drivers. I run it at 1024X768X16 and I'm sure what the FPS is, but it is good.

Also, you might try OpenGL rendering. I know it doesn't recommend that, but I find that it works just fine.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
thrakhath, i have the exact same system, what framerate do you get at that resolution? :) i'm just curious.................. :) (just check timedemo statistics in the menu)

ThePlague{FU}

Jul 20, 2000
www.angelfire.com
hehe, me too

800mhz P3
256mb ram
Hercules 3D Prophet II MX
Running with the latest drivers from Hercules

1024x768 32bit @ 75fps

only thing I did was turn skin detail to medium. Not much of a difference to image quality but it eliminated bad slow downs in fire fights.

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
NeoNite, it appears that I get 58.6 :D During a firefight though, it can go down to 51.2

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
58?

:) well yeah, see that's not bad. I'm around 55-60 too..
way better than 2 months ago with that voodoo banshee .. :(

(oh yeah, sorry about calling you narrowminded before, but it's just that i don't think that all quake players are the same (there are some Q3 PLAYERS on the ut forum here too). I'm a bit too impulsive sometimes i guess :)

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
It's OK, no hard feelings. The reason that 58 is so low (compared to ThePlague) would be that I'm running textures at high. If I lowered them, maybe it would pick up some speed.

SERIAL_KILLER

Dec 16, 2000
Visit site
hrm....

I have the detonator 12 drivers......UT works fine for me.
But I am having trouble turning of ztrick cos god damn it makes the game ugly......anyone know how to? I have it checked to zero on my opengl.ini but if anyone can tell me the ingame command id be very thankful.

ThePlague{FU}

Jul 20, 2000
www.angelfire.com
Ummm my FPS are from offline. You're online play for 56k will always produce lower FPS. Just run the timedemo stats and press F6 and you'll see your packets being transmitted will match your FPS for the most part.

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
:eek
:rolleyes
>)
>(
>D
>:
:O
:x
|l
|I
0]
8O
:lol
:evil

None of these are working, does anyone know why?
Some of them probably aren't supported, but I thought some of them were . . .