D3D and Windows 2000

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MacFlecknoe

Jan 23, 2000
Bay City, MI, USA
Visit site
Hello,
I just recieved my copy of win2000; I upgraded my os and now unreal will not run. I get a page fault blue screen when i attempt to start it. I was able to fix the problem ONCE by using the beta d3d dll; it ran prefectly ONE TIME then continued giving me the blue screen... I then tried disabling the precache and again it fixed it ONE TIME... then started acting up again. Nothing I do now will get the thing going... ive reenabled and disabled precache and redownloded the beta d3d.dll. This is probably pertinent: I have a GeForce 256 and a Soundblaster Live. I'm running a dual 550 celeron machine. Any ideas???? I'm running the 3.69 nvidia drivers and my machine has passed all the directx diagnostic tests.

MacFlecknoe

Jan 23, 2000
Bay City, MI, USA
Visit site
An adendum:
The problem seems to be that unreal isnt able to open fullscreen... i can start it in safemode in a window... but if i attempt to use ANY driver (software or not) that causes that window to expand the game crashes (hard crashes incidently... i have to reboot); HELP!

[This message has been edited by MacFlecknoe (edited 01-24-2000).]

[This message has been edited by MacFlecknoe (edited 01-24-2000).]

Hard2hit

Jan 26, 2000
Visit site
I am running the RTM version of Win 2000 and I have a tnt2 card using the 3.68 drivers for NT. I am having a problem that I cant get into fullscreen mode using direct3d. Software mode is no problem, but who wants to play in software mode. Anyone have any ideas?

Entranced

Feb 4, 2000
Visit site
goto www.riva3d.com and get win2k369.zip, Its a WDM driver for win2k 2195 (dont use on betas, it WILL crash after reboot...)but it runs all my stuff great, including the UT demo... BTW, it not only supports the TNT but also all the GEFORCE boards out there, Including the QUADRO.