Map Preview Pic...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

REeeE{skullface}

p-REeeE-dictable
Feb 28, 2001
SF, CA
Visit site
I have no idea but...

Search this fourn, at the bottum on the page and you will find out. I have seen threads for this before.

Good luck:)

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
Steps To Include a Screenshot:

1. Make a backup copy of the level you"re about to wrap up, just in case something happens. Better safe than sorry.

2. Start up UnrealEd and open your backup copy.

3. Now take a really good screenshot of your level. This is *always* best to do in spectator mode, so you include more of your level and less of the HUD. Press F11 to bump up the brightness to a desirable degree and hit F9 to capture the screen. The screenshot will now be in your \System folder as a raw BMP file.

4. Now, open up your favorite *quality* image editor. You need something like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro to handle the color depth conversions without pixellation and quality reduction.

5. Open your screenshot bitmap file.

6. Resize the image proportionally (or whatever works best for the image) to 256 by 256 pixels.

7. Decrease the color depth to 256 colors. Save it and go back into UnrealEd.

8. Choose Textures from the Browse menu on the side. On the bottom of the screen, click the Import button.

9. Choose your screenshot file and open it.

10. You will now get the Import Texture dialog box. Fill in "Screenshot" for the name, "MyLevel" for the package, and uncheck the "Generate Mipmaps" text box. Your dialog should look like the one below:

import.gif

11. Click OK. Your screenshot will appear in a blank package in the Texture window.

Taken from the tutorals section of unrealed.exe

Originally Written by:
cyberg][dan
dan@catapultic.com

KuroiTenshi

Ach, ye gibbun.
Feb 16, 2001
kuroitenshi.tripod.com
Ok, if you really want to know, I will make a quick tutorial right here. If you know how to import a texture, skip to the second part.

FIRST PART
Importing a Texture
First you have to play the map you are working on with no bots, no HUD, a hidden gun, and make your crosshairs color black so they don't show up. All this can be done under the preferences menu. Then find a suitable view for your screenshot, and press F9. THe game will take a pic of whatever you are looking at and save it as a .bmp in your UT/systems folder. I recommend doing more than one, to save time.

Now open up an image-editing program, open the pic you want to use, and change the image size to
256x256 or 512x512.
It doesn't matter how big, but it must be square, and if its real big makes your package much larger. Then adjust the color settings to 256 colors, and make it 8-bit.
Then save it somewhere as a .pcx file, named
"Screenshot", with a capital 'S'.

Now open up UED, open your level, open the texture browser, and import your new saved and converted pic.
In the box you get, put in the package field "MyLevel" (case sensitive, again), and in the group field put none, and in the name make sure it's "Screenshot". Also make sure "Generate Mipmaps" is unchecked. THen click ok, and it should load your pic under the "MyLevel" package.

PART TWO
Setting the Screenshot

Click on your screenshot pic in the texture browser so its highlighted, and then at the top of UED, go to
view; level properties; level info.
Where it says "Screenshot", click once, and then click "Use". THe name of your screenshot should appear. Now close the level properties window, save your level, and try out your screenshot.

There you go. hope i didn't go overboard. I would have sent you to unrealed.exe but the site seems to be gone.

You can also do animate screenshots, but they're not really necessary.