PDA

View Full Version : attention Australians!!

mooving target
3rd Apr 2001, 03:27 AM
We need an Aussie server for Inf!!!
and we need it now!

if ya happen to know a server admin pester him/her till we get it!!! :D

neko^
4th Apr 2001, 04:10 AM
Indeedy - I've been waiting for an Aussie INF server since 2.85 ! There was mention of a Melbourne server soon.

Australia recently got a better connection to the US, but it still means pings of 180-200. I'm an LPB used to a ping of 30.

You just can't go back ! :)

neko

LordSpoon
4th Apr 2001, 05:11 AM
I've emailed optus@home, my ISP, and got no reponse. I've tried posting on their forums but I'm banned for some unknown reason (and when the "you're banned" message comes up, it has what's meant to be my IP, but its wrong).

I dont really care though, the o@h forum community dosent impress me much at all, its just a place to whinge about aimbots in TO, and start stupid threads saying "DONT CLICK HERE" and inside them "haha, jokes on you, I was just seeing how many people would click".

INF didnt seem to be recieved very well either, neko (I'll assume you're the same neko :) ) started a thread about it, and some dips</b>hit replies with this, it really shows the standard of o@h forumers-

a.Bot code great.I'm not sure what u r playing bit it ain't Infiltration.The bots do nothing but follow me or stand there saying "contact","contact","contact".
Personally i dont care what bot's do with their text books(pathetic attempt at a joke i know(but it's late and i am a bit intoxicated)
b.1.6 was released in a rush to give ppl an idea about gameplay etc.(look at 2.0 and you will see what i mean
c.Huge maos mean f**k all.I would rather a map where i see someone within 5 min than looking at the scenery.
d.How is this fun?Press a button and you change how the gun is held.Wow very fun.
e.see b.
f.Apparently lying on the ground takes up a lot of energy.(i just tried it and i could do it several million times a day)
g.see f.
h.textures are bland,too dark and much worse performance on my system.
i.the only decent feature.
I have no idea where my bullets have gone.
If i shoot concrete,the least i expect is sparks etc.
P.P.S it still blows.

D is my favourite.. "changes how you hold a your gun".

I think we need to make a petition or something, keep mailing your ISP's too, especially o@h (who I'm starting to dislike more and more every day). Maybe I'll find a list of email addresses to mail and post them in this thread.

Good luck! :)

pazzar
4th Apr 2001, 08:48 AM
Hell yeah hey.
I'm over in Perth so I'm still gonna get fairly big pings but at the moment I'm getting pings of around 500. It sux ass.

neko^
4th Apr 2001, 10:25 AM
and yes, that's me.

apprently THX and Disco are absolute wankers ('scuse the french) - but if you try to argue with them they just spam the crap out of you.

So I didn't bother.

I can't believe people love TacOps - the game sucks in it's present incarnation. Go play cs or something.

here's hopin',

neko

Nikoomba
4th Apr 2001, 11:19 AM
If I had some freaking money I'd get two cable connections and set up one soley as a server. Well, we won't go into what we could do with money.....

funkstylz
4th Apr 2001, 07:36 PM
Heres a quote from the optus page about paying for cable to play games online. Notice they say all the "top new releases"...Get into em boys!

"We’ve been listening to the gaming community, in order to deliver the sort of games network they really want. We currently support all of the major action games on the market and will continue to update our servers with all the top new releases. With our high capacity servers and lighting fast network I believe that we are providing the best gaming experience in this country," added Clark. "

Nikoomba
5th Apr 2001, 02:00 AM
Once again Funk, your a pillar of strength for the Australian community. I love the 'lightning fast' crap, they can't help advertising themselves.

LordSpoon
5th Apr 2001, 03:19 AM
Optus claim to read all emails that reach this email -
gamesmaster@optushome.com.au

So forward your thoughts... put in a few good words for INF :) . Optus <i>is</i> very fast.

here's another one for yas -
gamesmaster@wireplay.com.au
Wireplay host some great Australian servers too.

neko^
5th Apr 2001, 09:19 PM
email sent to both parties.

lets see if they respond.

I said why I think it should be hosted, so hopefully they'll see the wisdom in my arguments :)

cheers lads,
neko

neko^
9th Apr 2001, 09:24 PM
To: "'s'" ...
Subject: RE: Infiltration Server Request
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:58:11 +1000
sounds good; i'll see if it fits in the new server redesign!

Cheers
KK

----

here's hopin'
neko

Lord_Bunker
9th Apr 2001, 09:50 PM
i think this thread has had it's day in the light, time to move it to online where it belongs,

Guerny
9th Apr 2001, 11:08 PM
yess!!!
we need a server....
i'd like to take on some of these yanks in friendly territory...

played on sunday and did manage to get a couple a clean snipe kills ( yess!! even with the 500-600 ping )

think i even saw the funkman running around...

how about a full aussie team...
TEAM LAGGER.... lol!!

cya online,
G

neko^
19th Apr 2001, 06:18 AM
Any news on an Aussie server?

been out of the loop for a while, but I'm still hoping for an aussie server!

neko

magregus
19th Apr 2001, 07:39 PM
Guys I'll host a server, contact me on ICQ 30251962 for server details...

Hosting on 1GHZ P3, 512k Ram......

Should run well wont be up all the time but if u email or jump on ICQ I'll tell you when she will be up!

Maggie

Sebu_NZ
23rd Apr 2001, 07:20 AM
Rock on magregus

could it be dedicated?

Destroying angel
1st Jul 2001, 01:16 PM
*Bump*

Okay, I know about the Perth DS Rulez infiltration server, but when do you guys play?

Everytime I turn up, noone there.

Also, where can I download the map terrain?