Goodbye from Hannibal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hannibal1

Forever sig-less
Jun 14, 2000
Visit site
Yes, this is actually Hannibal(my infopop account was not transfered, as there is another Hannibal on these forums). I'm saying goodbye to the Infiltration forums, after abotu a year of periodic posting(this is my 400th post). I will still play Infiltration regularly, and may check this board from time to time, and I'm certainly not ready to leave this community entirely, but I will not be posting regularly anymore after this thread dies out(which had better not be in twenty minutes ;). So long and farewell, I hope to see you on the Inf servers!

GalacticBulge

I am the BULGE!!
Jun 18, 2000
Later on, man

See ya, bro.. Good luck in all you do.. Except if playing against me in INF, hehe.

Hannibal1

Forever sig-less
Jun 14, 2000
Visit site
To Prophetus

That's part of it, but it's not the core issue. The real issue is that I'm finding myself coming up short on free time, and I'd rather be playing online than posting on the boards. However, getting back my true account statistics would certainly encourage me to drop in more often. If you could arrange that, I'd be very grateful. Thanks for the responses.

Shag

Feb 9, 2001
I truly do not understand this whole 'number of posts' thing. Does anyone care to explain how this effects anything? Does it somehow make your views more valuable if you've been here for awhile?

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Shag, the post count thing is, in my opinion, due to nicknames not being "exclusive". You see, your nick, or mine, is probably duplicated and used by many others. So, it's a form of status and accountability.

For example, you post on this forum for a year and some newbie comes in and posts a question. You answer. Well, the post count tends to show the newbie, and others, that you been around for awhile and probably know what you are talking about (about the game that is...not necessarily life issues:)).

The post count is also a method to prove your hard work in support of the forums. There are many reasons, mostly personal, for wanting to keep your post counts and the desire to keep the counts should not be looked at in a negative manner.

Yes, some increase their counts by spamming, but that is easily detected and discouraged among the true forumers.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
I'm almost sure there are a lot of guys who are nostalgic about our old stars rating...

Some was stars addicted.

But as i know, it can be added to this forum with the title var...

I_ABuGa

Vetran
Apr 27, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
ciao Hannibal...

NOW GO KICK ASS ON THEM SERVERS, SOLDIER! WHAT, YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST PLONK YOUR PANTSY ASS IN HERE FORUMS AND GET AWAY WITH GRUNT DUTY? GET TO IT!