Turning in prone

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bloodmaster

2 clips... 2 kills.
Mar 9, 2001
the turning in prone is to easy (and goes to fast)

I was right behind a guy with no ammo but with my kabar suddenly he turns in a flash at least 1 second and kills me...

what a way to go....

anyway try to turn that fast with a gun and a heavy bag

this problem has to be worked on

itskeiagain

Adept
Mar 12, 2001
Where you least expect...

Some of the most realistic human body movements were implemented in one of the crappiest FPS, Spec Ops2.

If you have played this(even in the demo), you would immediately notice the awkward movement every step you take. The developer tried so hard to make it feel realistic that the character movements became somewhat jerky in 1st person view. But when you switch to 3rd person view to observe how he moves, it's pretty impressive.
All the little detailed movements; how he strafes, crouches down, goes prone, rolls sideways in prone, moves only his gun in prone position to look little to the side but has to turn his body more at certain point(in order to see, for example, behind him), and bends his knees when he lands after falling from a hight, makes this game so realistic yet, so annoyingly awkward to play.

Now, I doubt that those things can be all implemented in INF but some great ideas are there in SO2. It's worth a look. I recommend anyone to play it(Spec Ops2) at least once.:)

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
I suggested this before, so obviously I agree. Going prone and getting up should take time. That way there is a difference between simply going prone and diving to the ground.

Tuttle INF

Hikeeba!
Dec 18, 2000
Agreed.

Not just prone though. I don't mean to start another walking/running/aiming thing here, but the human limitations in general could use some work in INF.

Hidden & Dangerous also did some nice stuff with this. It was a little smoother than SO2 though.

SoSilencer

Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)
Nov 27, 2000
unrealdev.net
I don't know

I'm not so sure...

In real life if your laying down you can roll over and turn your gun and shoot somebody directly behind you in a very short amount of time. also you can turn and aim your gun quite a bit without having to turn your body. Doing all the animations for this and coding them to appear only when they should would be a lot of work. Just think of it as not yet having animations for the movements you'd make when prone, but rather than incorrectly limiting your movement we just see weird stuff until the correct animations can be made.

Movement seems good accept for acceleration rates. The players start and stop too quickly. It should take a brief amount of time to change speeds. It wouldn't need to be much but acceleration is just a little too quick right now.

.Nova.

Hate
Feb 25, 2001
Denmark
www.planetunreal.com
I don't know about the backpack being optional, but it would be cool to carry light...
Anyway I agree, that movements should be somewhat more realistic, but we'll just have to wait and see...