don't buy tribes2, download utfortress or weaponsfactory

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
While I appreciate your opinion about Tribes 2, UT Fortress and Weapons Factory, please don't blatantly tell us what to do and what not to do. I downloaded Weapons Factory and I find it a blast. What's wrong with Weapons Factory? Maybe you just don't know what to do in it? ;)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
damn!

There's a weaponsfactory for UT ???

:( i 'm a llama, i should browse the mods section more often :)

But anyway , great i'll check it out asapasapasap!!!!

thewalkingman

ssssssssssss bugger!
Nov 12, 2000
Quahog
Visit site
What? You've never played CTF-INF?

Yea I have...just dont how well it will play with the Inf crowd...

hmmm let me count the Inf-ctf servers.....

GalacticBulge

I am the BULGE!!
Jun 18, 2000
I agree..

Tribes 2 absolutely owns! I love INF too! But since I bought T2 yesterday, it will be taking most of my attention for the next week or so, hehe. I love the kamikaze runs with the gunships.. Fun as hell to watch from the ground. =o)

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Nightmare, the topic of this thread was badly worded, so you misunderstood it. What Boron was trying to say was, Don't buy Tribes 2, instead just download UTF or WF. He is saying that UTF and WF offer everything T2 does, but for free since we all already own UT. But of course, the way its worded, it sounds like "Dont buy T2 or download UTF or download WF, they all suck."

I read it that way at first too, I had to read his post a few times to figure out what he meant. Even so, I plan on getting Tribes 2 to check it out. But from what I hear, it may be a fun game, but it isn't going to replace UT.

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
Well much like Simply Cosmic has said a dozen times and I agree, Tribes isn't MEANT to replace UT. It's a different type of game. I didn't expect most UT'ers to go to it. Most UT'ers and Quakers I've met only like the fast paced shootem up games. Tribes is too slow for them. Kinda sucks too I'd rather play T2 with some of the friends I've met in UT. :(

Me personally: I'm just getting tired of UT. Been playing it for over a year and wanted something new to play. Nothing else has lived up to the challenge yet. However B&W and Tribes 2 both seem to be good contenders. B&W is funny as hell and T2 has more of the team oriented play I'm looking for. There's only so much teamwork in UT CTF. Most of it is just shooting tho. I think T2 will hold me over until Unreal Warefare and U2 come out. Then I'll be back at full speed. I'll still hop on a UT game but probably not as much as I used to. I'll still be a forum whore tho. :D

ASMDstick

Mar 22, 2001
Visit site
Tribes 2 sounds really dangerous. I was hooked up on Tribes 1 demo for a year, i didn't have graf card (ATI),
even in software it was addictive. Just try master the disklauncher he - he. I wish it was in UT. New vehicels, transporters, I want that... I hope they'll keep the target laser.

--==Static2k==--

Mar 28, 2001
Visit site
I got Tribes 2 yesterday. I like how Tribes2 is entirly team based focus. Heck, the guys who get the most points often only get like 2 kills in an entire round. Its all teambased and fun as hell.

However, If you are one of those peeps that just has to kill something every 10 seconds then I would recommend that you stick with Quake3 or Unreal Tournament.

Just my 2 cents ;)

Stillborn

PHEAR IS JUST ANOTHER 4 LETTER WORD...
Oct 14, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Damn! I hate living in the cold terretories of northern Europe... Tribes 2 was supposed to have been released on March 29, but noooooo... They couldn't deliever... April 14... April 14!!! Damn you gameshop clerks!!!

*Need new game... losing feeling in triggerfinger...*

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by Boom
Nightmare, the topic of this thread was badly worded, so you misunderstood it. What Boron was trying to say was, Don't buy Tribes 2, instead just download UTF or WF. He is saying that UTF and WF offer everything T2 does, but for free since we all already own UT. But of course, the way its worded, it sounds like "Dont buy T2 or download UTF or download WF, they all suck."

ohhhh I get it now! It WAS pretty badly worded.

Skullface, come to #planetunreal on irc.enterthegame sometime (Don't know if you know about it or not) and install Weapons Factory. I'll set up a game and give you a course on it. :)