PDA

View Full Version : cannot see any inf servers!!!!

woest
1st Apr 2001, 03:47 PM
hey all
i want to play online but i can't see any servers
i can see them when i play normal UT
Allso when i had UT version 432 , i saw the inf servers but i needed the v436
so i dl and installed v436 and inf v285.3
AND now i don't see the servers any more
can someone help me??
thanks

Mad_Dog
1st Apr 2001, 04:48 PM
try removing everything (including your UT directory after you uninstall) and reinstalling it all from scratch.
UT, then UT patch, then INF, then INF patch... no reason it shouldn't work then.

Krinkov
1st Apr 2001, 05:26 PM
Mad Dog is right it worked for me

my setup is:
1.2 Ghz Thunderbird
Geforce 2
258 meg ram
30 gig harddrive
52 speed Cd-Rom (no DVD yet nor burner)

woest
2nd Apr 2001, 06:28 PM
well i re-installed ut , patch , inf , patch
still the same
can see the servers in normal ut but not in inf.
more suggestions?

Mad_Dog
2nd Apr 2001, 08:34 PM
i have no clue what to do, sorry. take it to the troubleshooting forum, maybe someone can help you there.

-=TALON=-
3rd Apr 2001, 01:12 PM
How are you launching inf? Are you launching the infiltration.exe or are you launching the UT.EXE. Also are launching the browse from the infiltration.exe are you clicking the infiltration tab at the top? The default page the browse comes to does not list servers, I have to click on the infiltration tab at the top and bam... all the servers come in. Hope this helps.

woest
3rd Apr 2001, 01:19 PM
heheeh i am not that stupid
yes i clicked on the inf server tab.
clicked on every tab and waited , pressed F5 , still nothing.
again all is fine in normal UT
i launch inf from the shortcut (UT/INF-sys/)

-=TALON=-
3rd Apr 2001, 01:28 PM
I work in a tech support group and one of my coworkers was doing just what i asked.. did not expect that from him either :) He said that infiltration looks alot like ut.. **grins** come to find out he was launching ut hehe. just thought i would share that with you.

joephish
3rd Apr 2001, 06:29 PM
I have exactly the same problem, and to prove that it is the same on a totally different system, I use a mac.

I had the same problem that I updated to 2.85.3 and suddenly it didn't work. I really want this fixed.

Hmm annoying. I was surfing around, and on the front of the infiltration page, about the 2.85.2 patch, this thing was changed:

• Server Browser fixed to display Inf servers quicker, as well as easily accessible in the menus.

Perhaps in doing this, they made a bug?
--Phish

-=TALON=-
3rd Apr 2001, 08:57 PM
to my knowledge all the patch did for the browser was remove the master server for UT and put the master server for INF on the list so it quickly populates with the servers that are up. open up your infiltration.ini and look for the master server where you get the list from and see if you can ping it. Do you have a firewall blocking that adx? Are you playing behind a firewall?

woest
7th Apr 2001, 09:03 PM
nope i ain't behind a firewall or proxy
cs works fine every game or mod i have played works oke online.
This is the first , where i have this problem
also when i type a server ip in the open location (that was it i think) i am still not getting a connection to the server .
Allso now normal UT doesn't work online any more
so i am going to re-install UT (AGAIN)
and patch up to 432 and check if it works online (normal UT) and than patching it to 436 , check it again
and then infiltration , hope it now works
and if not i will return to this board :)