Finally Got my Radeon....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
Well I finally got my All in Wonder Radeon.

I'm runnin a 1Ghz T-Bird w/ 384 mb ram. I have the card clocked to 185mhz(from like 160mhz).

In UT with everything turned up all the way @ 1024x768 on the time demo I avg. about 80fps. In game it goes anywhere from 70 up to 120 at times. I didn't expect much more out of UT since it is still primarily a glide game.

However in newer games i.e. Tribes2(which kicks ass), Black and White(also kicks ass!) and Serious Sam, this card owns. It's very fast. I don't know how to get Fps statistics from these games yet but I'll post em if I do.

I got the TV tuner stuff to work as, which is REALLY cool if you've never seen it before. ;)

Ah, well, just wanted to share the specs with people who were debating which card to get. I wouldn't buy this card because of the price(I got it under 150), but Iknow the Radeon 32 mb is pretty cheap and it would perform the same.

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
One critical issue

Even though you are getting this fantastic fps, do you ever get this momentary hesitation in a heavy firefight, with lots of players? That is what I hated about my Radeon, or maybe it is UT's D3D that should take the blame. My 550 Athlon maybe just doesn't have what it takes either, but in my mind, a video card (like a V3) that can pull a steady high frame rate out of an older slower machine is the better card.

I grant that Voodoos are on the way out, but I don't see that anything has come along, in a reasonable price range, that ever worked as well as a glide game running on a voodoo card.

Don't take this as a personal attack, Kokensu. I'm still mad that 3dfx went under, that's all. I'm bitter;)

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
Tribes 2:

To get your framerate in Tribes 2 type this in the console:

show("framecounter()");

It's all 1337 and programmer-like or something :)

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
Well the voodoos(like my old v3 3000) won't show any slowdown in UT on a slower computer cause they're using GLIDE. It's made for glide. Sorry to disappoint but I think the slowdown you got WAS from your processor. With my 1Ghz I haven't gotten ANY slowdowns in UT. Whether there's players flaking or spamming rockets or anything. It runs smooth ALL the time. The thing I like about the Radeon is that it runs other games good too. My v3 was starting to show its age with games like serious sam(which wouldn't even play) and black and white. UT's D3d sucks, that's a known fact so that 's another reason why your Radeon wouldn't do as good. But UT is also very cpu intensive so I pretty sure that's the main reason. ;)