how to set up Keybindings??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-={SED}=-IceStorm

Mar 28, 2001
www.SEDclan.cjb.net
Hey there,

i tried to get through that key-binding stuff...

but i guess im too stupid ;-))

for example, is it possible to set a button do dodge?

PLEASE TELL ME HOW!!! thanks in advance.

cause sometimes, when in "action" and pushing the strafe button twice, he doesnt dodge....and im meat ))

So how can i set a button for example dodging?

and my keyboard wont stand my hammering much longer ;-)))

please dont just read, answers are great ;-)))

Greets
IceStorm

Mr_Lynyrd

I am the PuF Lurker... kookookachoo!!
Feb 7, 2001
BFE, Tenn.
hmmmm...

If you want to create an alias for dodging; like using one button only to dodge, you're out of luck. However ModSquad has a link to a mutator which does just that.

The only problem is that the strafe keys are what you use all the time during movement, and putting dodge keys elsewhere is gonna slow ya down. About the mutator I mentioned, I've not tried it. The double tap of your strafe keys is the best way to go. You can't do anything about the amount of time allowed between dodges, but you can change the dodgeclicktime which makes it more sensitive; or less so. I don't have the link to Cleaner's faq on this same subject, I don't have the link to the mutator, I can't remember which ini file has the dodgeclicktime in it.... maybe I'd just better shut up, LOL!!

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Mr Lynyrd is right about using strafe to dodge. It takes practice but you'll get used to it. I believe the ini file you want is user.ini. within is a setting called dodgeclicktime. The higher you set it the more time you can take between the double tap.
To bind other keys you can do it within the user.ini file or if you'd like to go in game..
open up console in ut (~ or tab are defaults) and type preferences. Then goto advanced>raw key bindings and voila:)
For a more detailed explanation on bindings cleaner's site is a good place
http://www.unreality.org/cleaned/

-={SED}=-IceStorm

Mar 28, 2001
www.SEDclan.cjb.net
damn :)

THANKS GUYS

well, i knew that clicktime thingy already, but i thought theres a possibility to get a break for my keayboard ;-)))

but if it s not possible....well, i guess it hasn´t to be that way ;-)

but if ya get to know sth. let me know ;-))))