How do I use the "Rocket Arena Mothership"?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vassago_666

Mar 26, 2001
Visit site
When I click on the Rocket Arena Mothership link on the main page of the site, it launches my UT, says "connecting" and then after a few seconds it says "hit ESC to begin". After I hit ESC it just takes me to the main UT "desktop" but that's it...but the activity light on my cable modem is going crazy, but it doesn't launch me into a game or anything. The first time I clicked the link it downloaded "skeletalchars" and that finished successfully. So what do I do next?

PS--forgive me if this is idiotic, but I'm new :)

--vass

WiLD2

W4NG
You've got the right idea to getting into the mothership server (the featured mod changes every week, I think it's JailBreak now). But I've never actually had it work for me by clicking the link off the PlanetUnreal webpage. When you get inside Unreal Tournament you can load up the CTF servers list and look for The Mothership, or if that's too slow for you, you can join everyone in the chat room irc.enterthegame.com or euro.enterthegame.com and connecting to #planetunreal
When you get into the chat room and everyone has finished saying their hellos to you (you'll get a lot) you can type .mothership and the server link and info will pop up for you in the chat window.
You must have the latest patch (436) and it helps to have all the bonus packs (4). It does not look like you have at least one of them because you needed to download skeletal chars, which is included in the latest bonus pack.
Click here for Epic Bonus Pack 1.
Click here for the Inoxx Map Pack.
Click here for Epic Bonus Pack 4.
Sorry about the Digital Extremes Bonus pack, that is the hardest one (for me) to find, and it's too big to upload. Any help by someone else would be great, maybe I'll finally remember where it is :p
Grab the UT patch 436 here.

Last edited:

Uisge

May 19, 2000
Visit site
The bonus pack missing from the above downloads list is Bonus Pack 2, also known as the CTF Map Pack or the Digital Extremes Map Pack. This is small (1.5 megs) as it only contains two maps; CTF-HallOfGiants and CTF-Orbital, both of which are also available separately. You don't need it for UT RA. However, you can download it Here.

The Inoxx Map Pack also doesn't contain any maps for Rocket Arena. I would recomment getting it however, if you want to play normal UT as maps from it ate on a lot of servers. Get both packs if you want to play CTF.

This is the list of the official Bonus Packs with their alternative names:

UT Bonus Pack 1 = UT Bonus Pack or Epic Bonus Pack
UT Bonus Pack 2 = CTF Map Pack or Digital Extremes Bonus Pack
UT Bonus Pack 3 = Inoxx Map Pack
UT Bonus Pack 4 = Epic Bonus Pack 4

You can also download all of these via the links on the Planet Unreal files page: http://www.planetunreal.com/files/

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
One other tip. No need to post questions in multiple forums. I answered you hours and hours ago.

Remeber, don't hit ESC. You don't need to when you click on a link to start UT. Only hit ESC when you want to return to the UT desktop.