Dynamic Ambient Sound is not LOUD enough...!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vortexx

Mar 11, 2001
Germany
Visit site
How can I make these Dynamic Ambient Sounds LOUDER?

I build a Nature-Map an so I putted in some Dynamic-Ambient-Sounds with different bird-calls. The Sounds work- but I can´t hear them very well when playing the Map because they are too quite (a Rocket is much louder... ;) )

I changed the Volume in the Sound-Properties, but this was´t successful. And in the Dynamic-Sound-Properties I couldn´t find such a Volume-control.

Is there any possibility to do this?

Mclarenlover

Apr 16, 2000
The Great 'ole state of NC
Visit site
The first thing is, how did you add it to your map? did u use the Level properties or did you put it at a specific area? If you put it at a specific area by Accident then use your level properties sound to put it in...

If you've already done that, there's really only one way to do it... You would have to convert the sound file back to .wav format and then use a soundboard program and manually boost the volume that way, then re-convert it back into it's UT compatible file and keep doing that until you get it the way you want...

Hope that helps, and good luck with getting it to work...

YoMammy

Defiant Lemming.
Nov 26, 1999
In a fog.
www.ecenet.com
Try setting the TransientSoundRadius to something really large. TransientSoundVolume larger than 1 won't make the sound any louder but it won't taper off as fast.

Another way to think about it is TSV tapers from its value to 0 as it approaches the TSR, but is clipped to 1.