Help!! UMODS Don't work!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hummer6606

Dec 29, 1999
San Antonio, TX, USA
Visit site
I'm having a BIG problem with UT- whenever I try to open up a UMOD file, it reads:

Setup: Unknown disposition
History: USetupDefinition::Init <- WFilterWizard::WFilerWizard <- Setup

Now, I tried to track down the problem before I posted here, and I found something which I believe is the cause- when I double-clicked on the Setup.exe program in the System folder (the UMODS are opened with that file), it brings me to an uninstall screen saying:

This will uninstall the following components:

Unreal Tournament Demo

Are you sure you want to remove these components?

[Yes]
[No]

[<Back] [Next>]

(this would be a good time to mention that this all started happening right after I installed the UT demo while the real game was on my computer; I think that may be the cause of this. I uninstalled the program when it started, though, and it didn't fix it) I thought the UT demo had already been uninstalled, but I selected 'Yes' to uninstall it anyways, just to make sure. When I did this, it flashed the Uninstalling screen then quit out without a message. So that didn't help. Next, I tried loading the Setup.exe off the System folder on the CD, but it did the same thing. So I'm stumped... does anyone have any idea why it's doing this?
P.S. I don't want to reinstall UT unless I ABSOLUTELY have to- it's got a lot of custom maps, mutators and mods in there.
Please, help if you can!
~Hummer6606

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
If double-clicking the .umod launches the 'Open With' dialog box, your
file associations for UT are not set up. To work around this either:

Re-install UT to create the file associations.

OR

Copy the umod into your X:\UnrealTournament\system folder and run the
installer from the Start>Run dialog as follows:
"X:\UnrealTournament\system\setup install modname.umod"

bullet2.gif

"There is no point in tip-toeing through life to get safely to death."
"Whom ever sacrifices freedom for security get's nor deserves either."

-Lizard Of Oz -aka- {PuF}Lizard- nguid = 108675