Wow!!! I saw MIR

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

aspie

It's all good baby.
Feb 24, 2001
Australia
I was watching the TV ten minutes ago when the a news break came on and said that you'd be able to see the MIR space station going over head in the next 5 minutes.

I ran outside on to my balcony and look up trying to find it. About 30 seconds later we (my family) spotted a small orange light coming over the mountains and what do you know it was MIR.

Man i can't believe how fast it was going, it took about 45 seconds to fully cross from one horizon to the other.
I must admit it was one of those truly inspiring sights.

I suggest all of you keep an eye on your local TV news to check if you'll be able to see it. Believe me, it's worth it.

Slick_Willy

Anyone Else Want Some?
I saw a night time landing of the space shuttle in Texas as it flew over heading to Florida. Looked like a bright fireball going across the sky. I estimated it was going about 4000mph. I live in Dallas and it touched down in florida 15 minutes after it I saw it go over.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Dood, I'm in a bad position. It's crashing in the Pacific tonight and I won't see it, except for the TV. I'm a little sad right now. But on the bright side I might see the international space station crash when it comes down who knows when.

aspie

It's all good baby.
Feb 24, 2001
Australia
I was in the Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia.

and 1 hr 30 mins ago saw live TV coverage of the crash into the pacific.